William Walton (92) and William Walton Returns (93)

mmmmm... his first symphony is one of my favorite pieces ever.  I use it to tame my ADHD hamster-in-the-wheel brain for an hour.  🙂  

6 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

mmmmm... his first symphony is one of my favorite pieces ever.  I use it to tame my ADHD hamster-in-the-wheel brain for an hour.  🙂  

Speaking of his first symphony, it was source material for the Crown show in 96, which I believe is HIGHLY underrated in the historical sense (not in the placement sense). And I'd love for the current Crown design team and brass section to take a crack at that concept and source material.

I'm partial to his Partita. And photos of people holding koalas.

• Like 1

I arranged a percussion feature for the GSC corps the King’s Regiment back in 1977 using a short section of a nautical piece Jack Pratt suggested it, and he played it for me from his massive record collection when I was at his home back in late 76.

i wrote it for brass quintet and percussion. The younger judges dug it, but some of the older drum judges said it did not count because it had a little brass in it. Jack would go at those judges in critique like crazy! 

I forget the name of the piece, sad to say. 

My all time favorite opener is Crown Imperial. I arranged it for my band in 78 as our opener.

• Like 2