Now HERE'S a find for the 80's corps fans...Garfield GE brass tape 84 WHITEWATER

On 7/9/2021 at 11:16 AM, Newseditor44 said:

Probably the least amount of commentary I've ever heard on a judges tape. Amazing how clean that show was two weeks before finals. WOW

I know, this judge was like "Yes...nice...great...amazing...well done...I like it.........hope everyone is OK (fall)." I think the only critical comment he made was wanting the trumpets/sopranos to be darker in the ballad. 

I probably saw this show 4 times live. Once was at DCI Canada when they lost a close one to Phantom. One of their few losses during the season. But there was a sound to this corps that the tapes, DVDs, and other media do not and cannot recreate. Of course, this is the case most years in this activity. But when I think about how bad some of those G bugles were that Garfield was playing on (it was a hodgepodge of brass from old Garfield days, Bridgemen, and some other loaners) I am amazed at the quality they produced.