Madison Scouts 2023

God that Never Walk was beautiful. Great job, Madison.

It's crazy the number that song does on me. I honestly really doni't like hearing it because I get so upset every time I do and cry. It's like all the great memories come flooding back and it makes me miss it so much. Honestly, being older and lazier I don't miss it at all, but when I hear that song it makes me wish I could have just any one day back.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Sounds easy, but who’s going to leave their current position and come to Madison that’s going to be an upgrade?  Money talks. 

No one wants to work for a close minded toxic dictator. Gotta get rid of him first to recruit better staff members 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

God that Never Walk was beautiful. Great job, Madison.

It's crazy the number that song does on me. I honestly really doni't like hearing it because I get so upset every time I do and cry. It's like all the great memories come flooding back and it makes me miss it so much. Honestly, being older and lazier I don't miss it at all, but when I hear that song it makes me wish I could have just any one day back.

100%!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

It's like all the great memories come flooding back and it makes me miss it so much. 

It does tear at the heart strings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TenHut said:

No one wants to work for a close minded toxic dictator. Gotta get rid of him first to recruit better staff members 

I know this probably would never happen, but, from what I’ve read on these post from time to time, I think it would be a great idea for someone to reach out to Jim Mason with a deep, serious apology, and literally ask/beg him to come back, at least as a consultant to try to get this thing back on track competitively. Otherwise, honestly, I don’t know what they’re going to do to remain in world class if they keep dropping in placement every year. They won’t be able to retain quality members.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bobjective said:

I know this probably would never happen, but, from what I’ve read on these post from time to time, I think it would be a great idea for someone to reach out to Jim Mason with a deep, serious apology, and literally ask/beg him to come back, at least as a consultant to try to get this thing back on track competitively. Otherwise, honestly, I don’t know what they’re going to do to remain in world class if they keep dropping in placement every year. They won’t be able to retain quality members.

This is the kind of bold move the Scout BOD needs to make. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gantang said:

It does tear at the heart strings. 

Yeah, it's funny like I think I do not miss it at all and I hear that song and it destroys me. Of course, the emotions extend far beyond just momentarily missing marching and the amazing brotherhood that marching at Madison was. I think there's also the fact that it was one of the best times of my life, and I'm not sure I always appreciated it while it was happening. Somedays, I just hated it and would have rather been on the lake with my friends.

Edited by Vuitton

2 hours ago, bobjective said:

This current BOD at Madison are a bunch of spineless sycophants that will never stand up to Komnick. They will not put pressure on him, they will not ask the tough questions, they will not hold him accountable for his horrible leadership. Being a bully that gaslights and deflects blame….and alienates a huge base of high income alumni that would be happy to donate/support… and refers to them as “old balls”…,is NOT a leader! Jim Mason was a true leader who brought back and galvanized many alums….but Komnick was threatened by his strong personality and couldn’t deal with a true “alpha” being in the same room….so he canned him! Nothing will change. They will fly this flaming wreck into the ground and blame everyone else. I hope this BOD proves me wrong and finally does something, but I doubt it.

Edited by Steven Rocco94
  • Like 2