DCI - Western Corps Connection San Bernardino July 2nd 2023

Of the corps I was able to see:

Vessel- just caught them from the concession stand so not much to report. 

Blue Devils C- Very entertaining music and props. A ton of quality solos throughout the show! The age range is dramatic this year but they are having a ton of fun!

Gold- This was the first big/full sound of the night. They have a wonderful look on the field and some interesting stage/props they move and manipulate throughout the show. The middle/low brass had some wonderful moments and I want more!

Blue Devils B- Very impressive show from start to finish! I love the flash of yellow on the arms and the lapel, it is very effective when they move quickly. They have a clean and crisp sound with some great attacks! There was a snare drummer without their drum for the second half of the show, I didn’t see what happened but they were air drumming with the best of them! 

i can see both the Gold and Blue Devils B corps doing well in Indy!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Did you at least get some delicious food or cool merch? 😂

The concessions…don’t get me started! They have Slim Jim’s, Chips, Water, and Gatorade. A little let down in that category!

I know I’ll at least have a beer in my hand at the Rose Bowl!

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Are there any DCPers at this show who can keep us updated on what's happening over there?

I am here at the show. 12 min left in intermission. PC is getting ready to setup

• Like 3

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I am here at the show. 12 min left in intermission. PC is getting ready to setup

It's always a joy seeing how much you support your son in this activity. I hope he's having a great time so far with the Mandarins. 

Enjoy the rest of the show!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DcFr3aK said:

Of the corps I was able to see:

Vessel- just caught them from the concession stand so not much to report. 

Blue Devils C- Very entertaining music and props. A ton of quality solos throughout the show! The age range is dramatic this year but they are having a ton of fun!

Gold- This was the first big/full sound of the night. They have a wonderful look on the field and some interesting stage/props they move and manipulate throughout the show. The middle/low brass had some wonderful moments and I want more!

Blue Devils B- Very impressive show from start to finish! I love the flash of yellow on the arms and the lapel, it is very effective when they move quickly. They have a clean and crisp sound with some great attacks! There was a snare drummer without their drum for the second half of the show, I didn’t see what happened but they were air drumming with the best of them! 

i can see both the Gold and Blue Devils B corps doing well in Indy!

Unfortunately, no Blue Devils B in Indy this year.

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Let us know if PC fixed some of their visuals from yesterday.  My son said they had a huge visual rif yesterday that has never happened before so maybe by fixing it they can get closer to The Academy!

• Like 3

Just now, CAtenhut said:

Unfortunately, BDB is only touring in CA this season. Gold will be battling the Spartans this year for the title. 

Just now, spacewill said:

Unfortunately, no Blue Devils B in Indy this year.

That’s too bad. They are a beast of a group…

• Like 2

So how was PC?  Did they show improvement and eliminate their first show jitters?