So (very) Cal Classic

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

If any corps traveling to Indy have holes in their guard, they should really consider trying to snag a couple of those Impulse guard members when their season ends. A guard of SEVEN members was beating Blue Knights as of just a week ago. They're really great.

[stares over at the Troopers] 

Might not be holes but they could use some boosters 

Viz guy: you got any SC connections? No? We’ll just have to make our own guard lightning bolt from Force of Nature. 

I kid though.  They’re doing a familiar “electricity” show but they’ve made it their own very nicely. It’s a great package 

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

One thing Flo does NOT help get across is just how brilliantly those bright yellow sleeves glow in the sun and under lights. It's such a great accent for their electricity show.

They pop anyway. But yeah, they’ve got that over exposed washed out look going tonight they had in the early Cali tour shows 

this sunset is the most color saturation they’ve given us tonight 

We get a retreat tonight according to the schedule.  I hope its a full one given that this is the 'mini tour' for the Open Class corps final.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

We get a retreat tonight according to the schedule.  I hope its a full one given that this is the 'mini tour' for the Open Class corps final.

Yes, I believe it's supposed to be a full retreat, which is so cool that they're giving that experience to the MMs!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Yes, I believe it's supposed to be a full retreat, which is so cool that they're giving that experience to the MMs!

Yah. 

Some of my HS band days best memories were repping out there for retreat.   We used to have two a year at least.  State finals always...if we did a BOA show.  And until my senior year, we had a full retreat at an early show in Chesterton, IN because they still rolled that way for their show.  We got to meet Chicago and Michigan bands at that show so it was fun.  

When I marched, pretty much EVERY show was a full, Olympic-style retreat. It was exhausting and we just wanted to be out of uniform, on the bus, and on our way to fast food for a midnight dinner. But in hindsight it was such a cool thing we got to do so often.