DCI Connecticut, Fairfield CT, July 23

3rd stop on the Open Class Northeastern tour. Gold and Spartans meet up for the very first time this year!

6:00 PM Gates Open
7:00 PM Welcome & National Anthem
7:10 PM Hurricanes - Seymour, CT
7:26 PM Raiders - Princeton, NJ
7:42 PM Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QC
7:58 PM 7th Regiment - New London, CT
8:14 PM Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ
8:30 PM Southwind - Mobile, AL
8:46 PM Spartans - Nashua, NH
9:02 PM Gold - San Diego, CA
9:27 PM Scores Announced
  • Like 1

Planning to go to this. My first and maybe only show this year.  We'll see...still undecided.

I thought Jersey Surf was World Class? Did they move back to open? 

Also, this is unusual.  Gold travelling all the way for a CT show...wow.  

Edited by kkrepps

Jersey Surf is World Class but they are following the Open Class tour instead of going on WC southern tour and WC Texas tour (probably $).  They are slotted into the show's performance schedule with the groups they placed near in world prelims last year.

Gold does not have much of a choice but to come east since there really is no West - Midwest Open Class tour this year leading into Marion.  Also, good for the Open Class for them to see Spartans earlier than last year as both will be vying for the Championship this year.

• Thanks 1

Asking as a native of the Nutmeg State … I think this is first DCI show in that state since a weather-canceled show in New Haven in 2014, but maybe there’s been once since I was not aware of?

3 hours ago, SOA Dad said:

Asking as a native of the Nutmeg State … I think this is first DCI show in that state since a weather-canceled show in New Haven in 2014, but maybe there’s been once since I was not aware of?

I've been attending events since 2016. None in CT all that time. So, you're probably right. 

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 1

Columbians debut and join the tour at end of the week for 4 shows before World Championships I believe.  Looks to have a sizable corps on par with Spartans.