2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – Beats in the Brook – Bellbrook, OH (DCI)

The flags are now dark shades of blue, as if the sun has gone down over the city and the night has begun.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I’m able to look down and see the finished product. Someday, I may be able to tell my grandkids ‘Turn around, point up to the sky, and say ‘See that building right there? Look at what we built!”

Southwind:

Southwind Southwind Southwind Southwind

Our final corps in DCI Open Class is Gold from Oceanside, California. Their 2023 program is entitled “The Hands That Pull The Strings” and consists of:

1st Symphony 
Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart) 
Russians 
It’s a Sin 
Un Nouveau Méchant (A New Villian)  

Your enthusiasm for the larger corps is apparent and they probably deserved it. Still think there should be a separation from the larger open class.

There is a “puppet master’ atop one of the props center field, holding the strings depicting the show theme as the show starts.

Whoa! Great opening brass sound!

1 minute ago, mjyaub said:

Your enthusiasm for the larger corps is apparent and they probably deserved it. Still think there should be a separation from the larger open class.

My worry is that we’re not going to have enough corps to separate them if the activity doesn’t make some changes.

The look of the corps is striking on the field, with the brass and percussion in black with red accents, while the guard is in dark red with sparkling sequins.

This is the year of playing Separate Ways seriously (see Matrix Indoor Percussion Ensemble as well as Gold).

Tempo picks up as the horns build to a block center field. Great finish to the opener!

Russians from Sting. A small brass ensemble plays the melody right behind the front ensemble.