The 40th and "Final" Lake Erie Fanfare - August 7, 2023

7 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I used to go to this show all the time when it was at Veterans War Memorial Stadium in downtown Erie. A pretty nice stadium for drum corps, too. But times are changing and I am sure the stadium at Edinboro may have more room for parking and warm-ups, etc. Sadly cannot head up this year due to a gig tonight. Hope the weather holds up. We are getting a lot of rain (on and off) here in the Youngstown, OH area which is about 2 hours from Erie, PA. Temps are very cool for this time of the year. Low to mid 70s today. 

I don't think I missed a show there in the 80s. The Erie Commodores singing group would always be the warmup act.

• Like 1

Can we all please raise a glass or two, or at least a six pack to Ray and Edith?  Who ran this show (and Lake Erie regiment and the indoor group) for decades.  Theyre wonderful humans, huge hearts, Erie locals, and deserve a sweet retirement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Veteran's Stadium is a wonderful stadium for marching band and drum corps. The issue is there's no place for the corps to park and really warm up. Edinboro provided such abundant space on campus for fan parking, corps parking, and warm ups. 

However, in the near future this will be changing as the Erie Sports Park will be building a 3,000-5,000 seat stadium which will host The Cadets home show. 

Make sure they get their TCO permits.  Unlike some of the other building issues they’ve had.