The 40th and "Final" Lake Erie Fanfare - August 7, 2023

The Lake Erie Fanfare returns to Sox Harrison Stadium on the Edinboro campus of PennWest University. This is the 40th and "final" Lake Erie Fanfare as the Cadets will be taking over this show next year as their official home show. 

5:30 PM     Gates Open      

7:00 PM   Welcome & National Anthem

7:10 PM   Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

7:27 PM   Seattle Cascades - Seattle, WA

7:44 PM   Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ

8:01 PM   Genesis - Austin, TX

8:18 PM   Intermission

8:38 PM   Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

8:55 PM   The Cadets - Erie, PA

9:12 PM   Encore - Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

9:20 PM   Scores Announced

Edited by TheOneWhoKnows

I used to go to this show all the time when it was at Veterans War Memorial Stadium in downtown Erie. A pretty nice stadium for drum corps, too. But times are changing and I am sure the stadium at Edinboro may have more room for parking and warm-ups, etc. Sadly cannot head up this year due to a gig tonight. Hope the weather holds up. We are getting a lot of rain (on and off) here in the Youngstown, OH area which is about 2 hours from Erie, PA. Temps are very cool for this time of the year. Low to mid 70s today. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I used to go to this show all the time when it was at Veterans War Memorial Stadium in downtown Erie. A pretty nice stadium for drum corps, too. But times are changing and I am sure the stadium at Edinboro may have more room for parking and warm-ups, etc. Sadly cannot head up this year due to a gig tonight. Hope the weather holds up. We are getting a lot of rain (on and off) here in the Youngstown, OH area which is about 2 hours from Erie, PA. Temps are very cool for this time of the year. Low to mid 70s today. 

Veteran's Stadium is a wonderful stadium for marching band and drum corps. The issue is there's no place for the corps to park and really warm up. Edinboro provided such abundant space on campus for fan parking, corps parking, and warm ups. 

However, in the near future this will be changing as the Erie Sports Park will be building a 3,000-5,000 seat stadium which will host The Cadets home show. 

• Like 3

I live 3 hours south of Erie on I-77, just past Marietta, OH.

There are huge thunderstorms here and 2" of rain in the last hour.  The good news is that this storm front is passing through towards the east, so any major rain might be over by the time the show gets here.  I hope so.  Erie has fine tradition for appreciating drum corps that goes back many decades.

My son just texted and said there is a good chance that it will be standstill tonight.  Hope that's not the case....

9 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

My son just texted and said there is a good chance that it will be standstill tonight.  Hope that's not the case....

Yea, my son said the same. He was hoping for a final competitive run before championships, but at least they only lost one competition due to the elements this season. 

4 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Veteran's Stadium is a wonderful stadium for marching band and drum corps. The issue is there's no place for the corps to park and really warm up. Edinboro provided such abundant space on campus for fan parking, corps parking, and warm ups. 

However, in the near future this will be changing as the Erie Sports Park will be building a 3,000-5,000 seat stadium which will host The Cadets home show. 

Marched at both Veterans Stadium and Edinboro UofP in late 70s. Was at Edinboro when Veterans stadium was getting worked on (1978?). Googled and Edinboro capacity is 6000 seats. No idea of parking around Veterans but capacity is 10,000. (Even if the school past the one end zone looks like a freaking prison. 😈😆)

Edited by JimF-LowBari