Postseason Blues

32 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

In addition to the postseason blues, I got the COVID.  I was there for a week so probably those GEN COM folks in my hotel on Sunday & Monday. 😂

The local news stated there were 70k+ attendees at the game convention.  Anyone else experiencing symptoms? Boo COVID!   

I am so sorry for that, and I hope you recover quickly. I have a (hopefully routine) surgery Thursday so I wore masks on the plane and at the stadium to hopefully not postpone a surgery it took 6 months to schedule. 

it is really cool to read everyone’s plans and activities. Maybe postseason hit a little harder knowing I have a few weeks of recovery coming up. But I do have some trips in the works,  one of which includes the band home show of the high school I graduated from and hopefully fall color that we don’t get in NorCal. And if it doesn’t conflict with travel there is a big local band show I should hit in November. Finally, I have a writing endeavor I need to get working on while my outdoor activities are curtailed.

It is fantastic how many people hers are educators in music and marching arts. Thanks for your contributions in arts education and on DCP. I learn so much from following your posts here.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:27 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I go from Bloooooooooo to Go Blue! 

I am happy for you but as a Spartan I will never “like” this comment 😂 

I also have a degree from Cal and with the implosion of the Pac-12 I may be off college athletics for good.

• Sad 1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:07 PM, lawdn said:

Every year I go through withdrawal when the season ends. If you do too, what do you do for it?

One benefit of having paid for 2 months of Flo is I can listen to Flo Radio for a few weeks and it brings up nice memories of earlier seasons or I hear a show I never heard before. Just heard “Tilt”, “Avian”, and others. I heard the “The Great Event”. and wow it reminded me how much that middle 2010s Blue Knights era was special.

DCA, WGI and the like. Key in some listening and study of things drum corps wise that aren't in your wheelhouse. Right now I am watching a lot of guard stuff just trying to isolate the skillset from a watchers perspective. As a drummer I never really learned to appreciate guard work. As a drummer I never delved deep into brass. Learning things always settles my anxiety.

I also use this time to really start digging into some of my more difficult pool cue builds. Late summer is the best time to turn exotic woods over and start making bigger cuts.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I also use this time to really start digging into some of my more difficult pool cue builds. Late summer is the best time to turn exotic woods over and start making bigger cuts.

Today I learned this is a thing! I love to learn about other people's niche hobbies. 

4 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Today I learned this is a thing! I love to learn about other people's niche hobbies. 

Oh yes. I started doing repairs in 1993, tried to make my way in the world as a pro player in 95 through 97 and realized that much like being in a top 3 corps, there's pro level and then there's elite level. I started breaking down cues that people brought me that couldn't be repaired and 30 years later, I build cues for players and send them all over the US and a few overseas. It's good fun. Grounds me.

• Like 2