Does Madison.....

On 8/15/2023 at 6:37 AM, DFA1970 said:

That "in your face" style of drumcorp is over. It's all about "production". You look at the top 4 and these guys had a very different style.

The name of the game these days is variety/diversity of styles and effects. But "in your face" can still be conveyed many ways thru different styles, pace, and yes, volume.

I feel like SCV '17-'19 each were basically just one dynamic - fortissimo, and Mandarins this season brought intensity start to finish, so it's still possible to score into the upper echelon with "in your face".

On 8/15/2023 at 7:38 AM, MikeN said:

Madison doesn't need to try to be a top 4 corps.

Anyways, my "if I were director for a day" advice would be to get everyone on board with what Madison is going to be, over-invest in visual staff and Stick to the Plan.

Mike

Preach! They need to focus on eeking out just 4-5 more points and then they're comfortably in that 10-12 range. Live in that space for a couple years while developing their identity and consistency [and gelling as a design/instructional staff], then start thinking about how to push higher.

• Like 1

Let Scott boerma keep doing his thing. I think Madison got back on the right track this year musically and as.the talent level increases Mr boerma can be more aggressive with his arrangements. Best destiny for this corps going forward imo. 

in todays drum corps, it all starts with the concept. pick a good one.