2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Finals – Rochester, NY (DCA)

Atlanta CV:

Atlanta CV Atlanta CV Atlanta CV Atlanta CV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Cheaper than divorce 

Especially since it was HER head that was in danger up to that point.

Next on the field in DCA World Class competition is the Bushwackers from Princeton, New Jersey. Their 2023 program is entitled “A Walk In Their Shoes: Tales of Tinseltown” and consists of:

Part I – A Star is Born “Dedicated to the One I love” by The Mamas & The Papas
Part II – Perks of Show Business “Hooray for Hollywood” by Richard A. Whiting; “Paparazzi” by Lady Gaga
Part III – Hideaway “Car Chase” by Andrew Lloyd Webber; Original music by Lewis Kelly, Dan Richardson, and Jesse Valencia
Part IV – For the Love of Art “Make Your Own Kind of Music” by The Mamas & The Papas

The guard uniforms look even better under the lights.

Nice swaying body movement by the corps as they play Dedicated to the One I Love. Love the RAUNCHY trumpet soloist on the end of the chorus.

TIGHT playing by the front ensemble. I don’t know where Bush is scoring in percussion, but the front ensemble is definitely a great part of that score.

• Like 1

Tenors on the stage incredibly flashy with their feature.

Wow. Drum line is ON FIRE.

• Like 1

Horns put down their instruments and flash little LED lights as if they’re taking photos. Great effect at night on the field.

One of the guard members is on the stage, looking glamorous in an evening gown and shades.

Intricate and tasty work in the snares, building from a single player to a full line. Horns are taking photos again.

I’ve pointed out how Bush brought back Sunset Boulevard, but it’s extra appropriate that they play Car Chase here since this is the part of the show where our star is trying to a avoid the spotlight and the camera, wearing a long coat to try and go incognito.