2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Finals – Rochester, NY (DCA)

This arrangement of White Rabbit is one long slow build. The tempo slowly increases throughout the entire production, starting with a more classic interpretation of the song and becoming more frantic and anxious as the tempo increases.

We now move to the moon landing. We don’t get Cronkite’s voice for this one, but I do recognize the voice as he was one of the reporters in the footage used in Apollo 13.

The trombone soloist in Rocket Man is just killing it with his expressiveness.

• Like 1

Final movement. Reprise of the main statements of the show..

OK, we have another intermission between classes. I didn’t catch when we’re back but, unlike before, there’s already a group standing by to come on, so I’m guessing less than 20 minutes this time.

Connecticut Hurricanes:

Connecticut Hurricanes Connecticut Hurricanes Connecticut Hurricanes Connecticut Hurricanes

• Like 1

Next on the field in DCA World Class competition is Atlanta CV from Atlanta, Georgia. Their 2023 program is entitled “Off With His Head” and consists of:

Music by Queen
Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)
One Vision (1986)
Flash (1980)
Who Wants to Live Forever (1986)
Another One Bites The Dust (1980)
The Show Must Go One (1991)

• Like 1

Let’s talk about the wives of Henry VII.

Great opening statement by the corps on Bohemian Rhapsody, complete with a killer white flag toss behind the corps for added visual impact.

Wife #1 has arrived. Nice rifle work by the guard right in front of me, which she joins.

Ahh, they’re going to announce the fate of each wife as she is removed from the scene, if you will. Wife #2 is now here. Enjoy your head while you can, girl.