2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Finals – Rochester, NY (DCA)

Join me and some of the finest drum and bugle corps in the country for the 2023 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals in Rochester, New York! I will provide LIVE! From the Stands coverage on Drum Corps Planet and write the review of the show for Drum Corps World.

https://medi-nerd.com/2023/08/27/2023-drum-corps-season-dcp-dcw-coverage-2023-dca-world-championships-finals-rochester-ny-dca/

DSC_0451-500x333.jpg?resize=500,333&ssl=

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Concessions open yet?

Hope so. Stomach's starting to rumble.

4 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Hope so. Stomach's starting to rumble.

get the roast beef

Good evening and welcome to the Rochester Community Sports Complex Stadium, site of the 2023 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals competition! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I am bringing you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of all of tonight’s festivities. While the first competing corps doesn’t step off until 6 PM, we will start at 5 PM with the national anthem and a special ceremony for the transition of DCA to the DCI All-Age Division, including a number of DCA corps honor guards taking the field. You don’t want to miss it!

My view for tonight’s event:

My view for tonight’s event

The Freelancers Alumni are getting ready for their 3rd performance of the weekend, first with the national anthem, and then their 2023 championships mini-corps show.

We also have the honor guards of the Connecticut Hurricanes, Hawthorne Caballeros, and New York Skyliners taking the field along with the Freelancers Alumni.

First on the field in DCA Mini Corps exhibition is the 2023 DCA Mini Corps champions, the Freelancers Alumni from Sacramento, California. Their 2023 program consists of:

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Wind Machine
Bridge Over Troubled Water
MacArthur Park

Freelancers down to one tuba for this performance. One had to leave, but Jeff Banyots of Star United jumped in at the last minute for this morning’s performance. Tonight, this tuba’s going solo.

I actually think Freelancers sound better than this morning. The ensemble has a tighter and more accurate sound to it.