Drum Corps Ringing In The New Year

As with any major American holiday, if there’s a parade, there’s a good chance a drum corps is or was a part of it at some point. This is just as true for the New Year holiday, even though it’s pretty much the midpoint between the end of the previous season and the start of the next one.

https://medi-nerd.com/2023/12/31/drum-corps-ringing-in-the-new-year/

• Thanks 4

17 hours ago, TOC said:

Thanks, KG, for posting your 12 days of Christmas and this end of the year tribute. 

My pleasure. I just wish it didn’t take me two Christmas seasons to get them done. 😂

Maybe next year align with the actual 12 days of Christmas?  😁

Anyway this seems like a good place to talk about the Rose Parade bands!

Toho Marching Band from Japan was fantastic. Even did drill in the TV zone.   Castle HS sounded fantastic as did William Mason...who had ranks NAILING that hard greater than 90 degree turn with a wide inside arc to guide ranks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Maybe next year align with the actual 12 days of Christmas?  😁

Anyway this seems like a good place to talk about the Rose Parade bands!

Toho Marching Band from Japan was fantastic. Even did drill in the TV zone.   Castle HS sounded fantastic as did William Mason...who had ranks NAILING that hard greater than 90 degree turn with a wide inside arc to guide ranks.  

That’s how I started in 2022, but I ran out of steam about halfway through. I wanted to get the rest done in time for Christmas this time around.