2023 Columbians - Face Everything And Rise

In their first trip to DCI World Championships, the Columbians not only finished fourth in Open Class, they doubled Washington state’s representation in the Top 25 for the first time ever.

https://medi-nerd.com/2024/03/11/video-columbians-dci2023-face-everything-and-rise/

11 hours ago, kevingamin said:

In their first trip to DCI World Championships, the Columbians not only finished fourth in Open Class, they doubled Washington state’s representation in the Top 25 for the first time ever.

First time ever was when the Vancouver, WA, Spartans joined the Marauders in the top 25 in 1987.  (Or Thursday of 1986 championship week, if you choose to micro-analyze.)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

First time ever was when the Vancouver, WA, Spartans joined the Marauders in the top 25 in 1987.  (Or Thursday of 1986 championship week, if you choose to micro-analyze.)

I always forget about the Washington state Spartans. I remember when the Marauders came up into the Top 17 back in the early 90s.

Looks like I need to do better research. Micro-analyze away!

16 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I always forget about the Washington state Spartans. I remember when the Marauders came up into the Top 17 back in the early 90s.

Looks like I need to do better research. Micro-analyze away!

That would be 1992

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zeke said:

That would be 1992

Yep, a pirate show, if I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Yep, a pirate show, if I remember correctly. 

Speaking of pirate show, here’s the prequel from 1991.

10 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Updated:

In their first trip to DCI World Championships since returning to the field in 2013, the Columbians not only finished fourth in Open Class, they doubled Washington state's representation in the Top 25 for the first time since 1987 (Marauders and Spartans).

I’ve given you credit in a corrections section of the article. 

https://medi-nerd.com/2024/03/11/video-columbians-dci2023-face-everything-and-rise/

• Like 1