Best Sop Player

Roland Garceau (sp?) was the soloist in 1993 Dutch Boy. He is a heck of a player and NEVER missed! He went to BD in 1994 and played all the Double C's in the show.

Steve Dayken (sp?) was the soloist for Dutch Boy in the late 80's. Another heck of a player!

Yes Larry, you're right about Roland. He is incredibly consistent. We are happy to have him back with the Renegades this year.

Speaking of Dutch Boy soloists, I've got to mention Tony Gambaro from '86. A pleasure to work with, and what a talent! Besides having a great sound, he could also scream! He had a Double C in the opening intro that he played by himself. Always solid! And great solo work throughout the show! B)

Yes Larry, you're right about Roland. He is incredibly consistent. We are happy to have him back with the Renegades this year.

Speaking of Dutch Boy soloists, I've got to mention Tony Gambaro from '86. A pleasure to work with, and what a talent! Besides having a great sound, he could also scream! He had a Double C in the opening intro that he played by himself. Always solid! And great solo work throughout the show! B)

Larrie,

Roland is the man! Please tell him I said hello.

That 86 Dutch Boy show was a fun show. Who doesn't love the theme from Magilla Gorilla?!?!? :P

I believe Tony was the solost for 84 Avante Garde as well.

WoW!!!!

I just joined yesterday and found this topic... To be mentioned at all next to some of these great players is unbelieviable!

Jim Brady was my mentor. That was my first year in Avant Garde and we happend to be on tour with them most of the summer... Al Chez, also a good friend was a guy I used to climb fences to listen to... His aggressive style was just one of a kind back then. I think I met Hunter Moss once or twice and he was a show stopper as well.

Back in 83 Jim Brady actually traveled with us for a few days and that was some thing special. I was 17 years old and as far as I was concerned at the time all ever wanted was to be him. Imagine, your hero standing in front of you during the prelims in the Orange Bowl! Those were the days... I also remember standing next to our T-Shirt booth after the show and some guy asked me what I was doing after the tour, I replied "Starting College"... He told me about this new place called Epcot Center and that they were forming a sort of a strolling Drum Corps named "Future Corps" and he thought that I should relocate to So. Florida and be a part of them... Well, with my Mom and Dad present there was absolutely no way I was going to change my plans in a weeks tiime and get support from them... As it stands now, Mark Zauss owned that gig from every direction!

Anyway, thank you so much for the props and I'll try to keep up on some of the topice around here. This sems like a great forum to be apart of...

Thank you and regards, :ph34r::blink::huh2:

Tony Gambaro

Edited by ALLCHOPS

WoW!!!!

I just joined yesterday and found this topic... To be mentioned at all next to some of these great players is unbelieviable!

Jim Brady was my mentor. That was my first year in Avant Garde and we happend to be on tour with them most of the summer... Al Chez, also a good friend was a guy I used to climb fences to listen to... His aggressive style was just one of a kind back then. I think I met Hunter Moss once or twice and he was a show stopper as well.

Back in 83 Jim Brady actually traveled with us for a few days and that was some thing special. I was 17 years old and as far as I was concerned at the time all ever wanted was to be him. Imagine, your hero standing in front of you during the prelims in the Orange Bowl! Those were the days... I also remember standing next to our T-Shirt booth after the show and some guy asked me what I was doing after the tour, I replied "Starting College"... He told me about this new place called Epcot Center and that they were forming a sort of a strolling Drum Corps named "Future Corps" and he thought that I should relocate to So. Florida and be a part of them... Well, with my Mom and Dad present there was absolutely no way I was going to change my plans in a weeks tiime and get support from them... As it stands now, Mark Zauss owned that gig from every direction!

Anyway, thank you so much for the props and I'll try to keep up on some of the topice around here. This sems like a great forum to be apart of...

Thank you and regards, :ph34r::blink::huh2:

Tony Gambaro

Hey Tony!

Welcome to the Forums! Remember me? I used to teach marching at Avant Garde (1980-81)?

I have fond memories of your mom and dad, great folks!! - and I remember "little Tony" with the awesome chops. You must have been around 14 or 15 then! Congratulations on your accomplishments, and continued success!

Jimmy Hickey

Jim Hickey - Of course I remember you... It's a good thing i didn't march to much drill in those days! :P It's nice to hear from you and thank you for the compliments...

Mr. Legolaus: Please state your name, it's been quite some time...

Tony G

Hey Tony,

Do you remember me? I was the guy who played your solos @ Oktoberfest after the '86 season. :lol:

Larrie,

You were on the staff, correct???

How are you? Jim Wagner( Aka: Ballzz Man) I think told me you were out west and still playing your butt off...

Tony G

Edited by ALLCHOPS

Yes, that was my only year with DB. And yes, my lips still buzz. ^0^

I'm sorry to cut in.

Larrie, are you part of the soprano duet in Dindi, by the 1980 BD. I gathered as much from earlier in this tread. If so, you are one of my DC heros. You guys screamed all show. God bless.