Best Sop Player

Keith

that was Redd Swindells with Oswego Black Knights... he still plays professionally from time to time... on both sax and trumpet.

The avante guard guy was probably Dave Keck from Brigadiers

Hunter Moss is great and true southern gentleman

Chez Mr. K and the rest are special for sure

Unquestionably - although you all mention some great people ... the best soloist now performing in drum corps has to be Empire's Joey Pero... he is a true animal... trained at Julliard by Wynton Marsalis and currently completing his training at Berkeley in Boston... He is the most consistent screacher I've ever heard... bar none... rumors abound about his going pro... with someone like Tower of Power.

No. Tony Gambaro from Avant. Dave great player, not the screamer Tony was.

There have been some great soprano players mentioned. I would like to mention just another, the soprano soloists during Guardsmen "Tiger of San Pedro" in 1979. Great work!!

I started this thread over six years ago. . . it was my fourth post on DCP. I now have over 5000. Weird to see it on the front page all these years later.

Edited by TSRTS13

Jim Brady's Band in Houston TX...

Jim Brady

Check out Si Que Te Gusta

Enjoy,

Tony

Edited by ALLCHOPS

_75ricktommy.jpg

Tommy on the right and Rick Hofert on the left.

and if you come to the right summer festival, you can still here TM play!

I would give a shout out to Scott Stewart (Freelancers 88-92, Blue Devils 93-95?). Could play anything you put in front of him with chops of steel, and the guy was fearless!

I would give a shout out to Scott Stewart (Freelancers 88-92, Blue Devils 93-95?). Could play anything you put in front of him with chops of steel, and the guy was fearless!

:huh2::tongue::worthy::tongue::tongue::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

I started this thread over six years ago. . . it was my fourth post on DCP. I now have over 5000. Weird to see it on the front page all these years later.

Guessing you were 'bout 16 when you started this thread.

I've learned alot from this thread, thanks kiddo.

kiddo is a term of endearment ;-)

words have many meanings

music is easier to understand

...and way cool that some of the best sops are playing now...way cool :-)

There have been some great soprano players mentioned. I would like to mention just another, the soprano soloists during Guardsmen "Tiger of San Pedro" in 1979. Great work!!

the melli solos and bari solo in that show were also great,..............that show is on my all time favorite list..............