When you wish upon a Star

I'm just ticked off because during Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? the camera angle is terrible. For some reason, there's a close-up on the wolf's head, when we should get a high-camera shot so we can see the thing moving across the field.

Tell me about it!

The only chance I get to see "Harvey" cruise across the field and they cut away from the high cam!! Actually the 2 moves forming the wolf were as big if not bigger. I did a 3 to 5 step with a contra to get there, and I have a 28" inseam! :lol:

Gotta Love George Zingali!! :angel:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it!

The only chance I get to see "Harvey" cruise across the field and they cut away from the high cam!! Actually the 2 moves forming the wolf were as big if not bigger. I did a 3 to 5 step with a contra to get there, and I have a 28" inseam!  :lol:

Typical bad direction on the broadcast. I know there's no pleasing everyone, but come on! They show that tarp of his head for something like twenty seconds-- nothing but a close-up of this barely-moving tarp-- while a contra (or the whole line, for all I know) is running his ### off twenty yards away. Unbelievable. <**>

Gotta Love George Zingali!!  :angel:

Amen to that.

Edited by MikeBob

Pink uniforms and Disney music. I was dissappointed with the concept when so much potential was there. But as stated, you guy's performed great and for a first year corps it made it all that much more amazing. Still scratching my head though.....I got a lot of money and Im going to start a drum corps and play Disney music. Did that one ever come up in the "if I won the lottery" threads?

PINK UNI'S......Star was the first drum corp to have that lean uniform, not unlike what Cavies, BD, Scouts have today........I just re played 85 and the pink and white uniform looked OUTSTANDING on the field! one more thing about 85,

that rotating 3-D box was a very cool drill move as was the running Big Bad Wolf.

1985 was also the only year Star marched Rifles.

TRIVIA: Star's guard was beating Garfields guard first half of the season.

PINK UNI'S......Star was the first drum corp to have that lean uniform, not unlike what Cavies, BD, Scouts have today

You ARE referring to the tailoring of the jacket, not the color, right? Mandarins were pink before Star was even born, I think.

One thing that bothered the heck outta me was the white snare & tenor harnesses sticking out from the base of the star...after all that cash layout, Bill couldn't afford one can of black spray paint?? :lol::blink:

Yeah, we had the first "cutaway" jacket and bibs to go along with it...and it was a Cesario design. To paraphrase Michael..."It's like taking a bath in Pepto Bismal ®!" :P I think Cavies and PR were already in bibs and Mandarin was already in pink, but we put them together.

Ironically the pink was there before Disney...but Disney was a choice made for "universal recognition" everybody knows Disney-Kids, parents, grandmas. We were about as all-American as "Up with People".

Sam,

Thanks for seeing that there was actually a corps on the field, not the equipment that rolled off the truck. We worked hard to get where we were.

The carriers always bugged me too... I think we were too busy worrying about other things to worry about them, although they kinda gave the battery a comet look with the carrier leading to the star.

More Trivia:

We were second in brass at our debut contest in Normal IL. We came in second behind Madison and beat Cavies and Phantom!

I think we also beat Garfield in marching at one show out East. (We had 2 practice days, they had just made several changes).

Edited by StarContra4-85

We had some serious momentum going after missing finals in Allentown. (It was the only time in my five years marching that I didn't make a finals.) Really got everyone focused. The equipment and staff might have been the best money could buy, but the bottom line was the effort of the marching members. We had experiences that year that helped set the foundation fro the greatness that Star was to become.

• 4 weeks later...
We had some serious momentum going after missing finals in Allentown. (It was the only time in my five years marching that I didn't make a finals.) Really got everyone focused. The equipment and staff might have been the best money could buy, but the bottom line was the effort of the marching members. We had experiences that year that helped set the foundation fro the greatness that Star was to become.

Money cant buy in tune hornlines.

Money cant buy no missed releases.

Money cant buy a clean drumline.

Money cant buy good crisp guardwork.

No. Star of Indiana 1985 was bought and paid for by the marching members blood, sweat and tears. Y'all came, y'all saw and y'all kicked ###! My hats off to you.