12 members have voted

1. 1. i need help learning baritone desperately

• i need youre help desperately
    • im new to this site

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty simple solution; find yourself a baritone bass clef beginner's book, which should have a fingering chart in it somewhere. Start out writing in all the fingerings, and over time you'll get used to the music enough you won't have to do that anymore. That's how I learned treble clef.

Same here. I went to my first Blue Stars camp completely clueless about baritone (I'm traditionally a tenor/bass trombone player). By the end of the year I was fine. It's not that difficult to pick up, atlhough it's probably different going from baritone BC to baritone TC.

Hey some things never change. I was a High School trombone player (what's a fingering?) when I started playing piston/rotor bari back in 1973. Like one of the other folks said, just grab a fingering chart, a pencil and your music and start marking the fingerings over the notes. You would be surprised how many people started this way. As you go over the marked music you will start retaining the fingerings.

Here is the link to Degs Fingering Chart for 3 valve bugles:

http://www.degmusic.com/home/buglefingerchart.pdf

Good luck to ya,

Jim

I started on baritone in the 6th grade. Went to Highschool and found out Not all baritone parts are bass clef. You can transpose it to Treble. Also Yamaha Band Books. They have a pretty decent Begginers Baritone Books from my experience with them.

also this site is pretty good about info.

Tuba-Euph Site Thingy

Edited by BrassChic2004

Good luck to ya,

Jim

Ooops my apologies, this link is a fingering chart for G bugles. My guess is that Pacific Crest uses Bb horns because they are a Jr corps. If you use this chart it will REALLY add to the confusion which you don't need. Just chalk up my mistake to my age and Sr background. :huh:

Best of luck from one Bari to another...

Good luck to ya,

Jim

Ooops my apologies, this link is a fingering chart for G bugles. My guess is that Pacific Crest uses Bb horns because they are a Jr corps. If you use this chart it will REALLY add to the confusion which you don't need. Just chalk up my mistake to my age and Sr background. :huh:

Best of luck from one Bari to another...

Actually, the fingerings for B-flat and G horns will be the same. The parts are transposed properly so nobody has to learn anything weird that would just hold them back for no real reason. No matter which horn you are using, an E-flat (just as an example) is fingered the same way.

Hi i am a musician in high school that is learning baritone in order to march in Pacific Crest Drum Core. The only problem is I need help learning baritone because I read Treble Clef and baritone is in Bass Clef. Please help. Thank you.

Now, I'm not familiar with what Pacific Crest does, but in many corps, they'll print out both treble and bass for the low brass players, if needed. If it's just the clef that's bothering you, call ahead and ask how they do things. If they're on G horns, they might still print out treble for the whole line-- that used to be tradition.

I assume that you're a woodwind player or something since you say you read only treble clef. If they offer only bass clef for the low brass, definetely go ahead and learn that. Just call first to see if you can't save yourself some work.

If you do have to learn bass clef, just go over what the notes are on the staff several times. Write the fingers in if that helps; you'll get them in time. Get a couple of simple pieces of music in bass clef and use those to learn, and then sight-read several new/harder pieces to get better.