The Demise of VK

That may be true but I blame Hixon for a lot of it. Tell how a man who, just the year before was only a pit tech, then become Corps Director.

True the demise started a few year before (as soon as Jack Bevins retired), but Hixon was not the man for the job, unfortunately no one else wanted the job, that's how he got it.

Is that Hixons fault that he became director? Or should the blame go to the BOD for not searching a little more? Not trying to argue, I just think the BOD does play a big role.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now let's talk about VK's "siblings", The Anaheim Kingsmen, who now exist as a corporation called "Kingsmen Entertainment" which puts on rock shows in the Anaheim area.  I won't go so far as to put the blame for their demise on "one individual" because I was neither there nor associated with my former corps after 1972 so have no first hand knowledge about the situation: only hearsay, and I refuse, therefore, to point any fingers.

I just wanna hear the story!   So many good SoCal corps seemed to fold back around the late 60s and early 70s.

RON HOUSLEY

Whoooooooooaaaaaa Nellie,

Sounds like a can of worm! :sshh:

Edited by AnaheimAlumni