disqualified, why?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great article. I never knew so much about the Bridgemen. Sorry they had to go, I bet they made DCI senior leadership pull their hair out. I like that. Come back to us some day Bridgemen!

Perhaps, ond day, maybe soon, you might see a Bridgemen alumni corps, but the chance of a Bridgemen junior corps is slim at best. There is no other group of people in Drum Corps who are as contraversial, entertaining, and generally different as were the Bridgemen. This is the legacy and mysteque around the corps. It took along time for Drum Corps to realize what it(and DCI) lost.

I may be remembering this incorrectly, but weren't the Crossmen disqualified in 1976 for a overage member?

As well as the Muchachos in 1975. This, too, was discussed in the other Bridgmen thread.

What is it about Jersey!!? lol :)

I may be remembering this incorrectly, but weren't the Crossmen disqualified in 1976 for a overage member?

As well as the Muchachos in 1975. This, too, was discussed in the other Bridgmen thread.

What is it about Jersey!!? lol :)

You ask what it is about Jersey? Well remember, New Jersey had more corps, and therefore more participating people than any other area in the 60s & 70s. As far as the DQs go-ask DCI sometime they might even give you an answer.

Just curious, but how often were corps DQ'd before DCI?? A relative of mine marched in the 50's and 60's and I've heard him talk about it happening several times. Just interested to know if there are some official numbers floating around somewhere. It certainly was not uncommon for many junior corps to have over-aged members back then, even well into the 1970's during the three most recent DCI DQs.

I remember in the parking lot at Denver in '78 a few Bridgmen guys holding a limp and bloodied Phantom Regiment member they decided to take their frustration out on. I was shocked at what I was seeing. I heard not to recently that Phantom's color guard who were referred to by this person as 'Fat Ugly Cows' would take on anyone who looked at them the wrong way and probably instigated the fight. Yikes!

Mom

I heard not to recently that Phantom's color guard who were referred to by this person as 'Fat Ugly Cows'. . . .

The term a friend of mine used (and this was someone who made Phantom's guard, though she eventually had to quit for financial reasons) was "mat maids" . . . as in, female wrestlers. Though, to be fair, that couldn't have been true of every guard member, because my friend was slender, and quite pretty, too.

I remember in the parking lot at Denver in '78 a few Bridgmen guys holding a limp and bloodied Phantom Regiment member they decided to take their frustration out on. I was shocked at what I was seeing. I heard not to recently that Phantom's color guard who were referred to by this person as 'Fat Ugly Cows' would take on anyone who looked at them the wrong way and probably instigated the fight. Yikes!

Mom

Yeah it wasnt all seashells and balloons back then was it?

• 2 weeks later...
And I thought the Boston Crusaders were a tough bunch! :rolleyes:

you dont know the half!! B)