disqualified, why?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long discussion about it in the Historical section...

This has been discussed extensively in a recent thread in the "Historical Drum Corps Discussions" forum. But here's a web page that details what happened: A Bit of Bridgemen History

Good for you ColtsMelloguy, on wanting to know the History of drum corps.

Moderator, can you make a "hot link" to the Historical forum? I cannot seem to find it on here.

Moderator, can you make a "hot link" to the Historical forum?  I cannot seem to find it on here.

Dave has linked to the actual thread. But you can find the "Historical Drum Corps Discussions" forum linked at the top of the page in the "General Junior Corps Discussions" forum. The thread is called "1977 Bridgemen" and can be found here: 1977 Bridgemen

Here's a link to the "Historical" forum: Historical Drum Corps Discussions

Edited by byline

I marched 1977, and the impression most people got was this; Bridgemen were wrong to march overaged members, DCI was wrong to wait until finals to call them on it. The shock was such that apparently a bus driver of theirs had a heart attack. They were allowed to perform at finals, and would have placed 4th, if they had not been disqualified. So the 27th Lancers got their 4th placing instead. This is where I first saw 27, and made up my mind that I would be there in 78.

Too bad. It was a great Bridgemen show. The good news is that it apparently is included as an extra on the 1977 DVD. :)

Edited by That70'sLancer