A Star so Bright

Both Michael Boo and I recieved notification today that Matt (A Huge Nerd*) and Amy Tye suffered a great loss when their child was stillborn yesterday. Matt was a contra bass for the Star of Indiana, and is the son of Marilyn Tye (Matye*). Marilyn and her husband Dan are the show organizers for Drums Along the Red Cedar. Please say a prayer to help them in their grief, and that little Elianna Lyn Tye will join the ranks of God's contingent of drum corps angels.

Marilyn will probably run me out of dodge for this posting, but my heart is breaking for my dear friend's loss. For those that the Tye family has impacted, or for those that are members of the Star of Indiana family, I thought you would like to know in case you have not already been contacted.

Keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this trying time.

* = DCP Handle

Edited by Cascade Mama

The Tye family was a very big part of my time in Star. I marched with Steve, and Marilyn, Dan and Matt and Andy were always around helping out or popping by the busses after a show. Such a wonderful family.

My thoughts, love and prayers are with Matt and Amy at this challenging time.

Edited by StarContra4-85

Many prayers for happier days.

Such a loss.

My thoughts are with you Matt.

Prayers to the whole family in a difficult time.

My parents went through this with their first child. He would have been a big brother for me and my sister. I can tell you that even though time does help heal the pain, it's something a parent never completely gets over. I remember watching a nature documentary with my mother, and they showed a mother monkey grieving over her stillborn baby. It tore my mother up . . . and this was over 30 years later.

Your friend and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Tye family would like to thank all of you in the Drum Corps fraternity for your heartfelt messages of sympathy in the death of Elianna Lyn Tye. We grieve that we will not see her grow, but rejoice that she's in God's arms.

We deeply appreciate your messages and e-mails. Thank you all for your support in this most difficult time.

Marilyn

Matt, Amy, I'm really sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Having gone through a similar event, heartfelt prayers from both my wife and myself go out to this grieving family.