Someone needs to teach her a lesson!

I can't believe this! You are getting upset at her because she ticked and then got stage fright?!?!?!?! No WONDER she got stage fright if she is under that kind of pressure from the rest of the guard! Have some sympathy! I hope you NEVER drop!

It's all too easy to say, "If only we didn't have so-and-so, our guard would be so good." I marched in guards with people who said that, and I taught guards with people who said that. And, in a few moments of weakness, I thought it, myself. Not something I'm proud of, to be sure.

Nobody needs to "teach her a lesson." Everyone in this thread has offered sound advice as to how to handle a situation like this. Did you, or anyone else in the guard, bother to ask this girl what happened (nicely, and with no hidden agenda)? Chances are, there's something going on there you don't know about. If this gal has the opportunity to talk about it, and feel like she's supported, then it's likely she'll grow stronger from this experience. So will the entire guard. If you're splitting off into factions of the "talented" vs. the "weak" ones, then you'll never be a cohesive guard, and so you'll never get anywhere. The point is not to get only the most talented people in your guard. It's easy for someone with natural talent and performing ability to get the work. Far more difficult for someone who's an introvert, or not quite up to the talent level of the rest of the guard. The point is to get people of all talent levels performing at the *same* level by the end of the season. That means some folks will have to work a whole lot harder than others. They should be rewarded for their growth, not chastised.

I was one of those "weak" ones, so I know.

it's rare to have a flawless guard...unless you're '93 Cadets of Burgen County.

Even they dropped. At finals, no less. On TV.

Nobody's perfect.

You cant take this one too seriously folks...

If you are gonna come on here and slag off your fellow corps members, at least have the GUTS and INTEGRITY to sign your name to the post.

Like my Freelancer brother Clint said, I hope for your sake you NEVER drop. Dont throw stones if you are living in a glass house!!

Ok, I retract the "idiot" comment. I was wondering why this wasn't closed in the first place. Perhaps b/c she didn't mention names....but yeah, it needs to be closed. But hey, has this person posted anywhere but here? A troll is a troll. Period. In fact, I've checked, she/he's posted 4 times with the first post in this thread being their last post. Obviously a troll. In fact, if she/he's not a troll and this incident actually DID happen, then this whole thread needs to be deleted so as not to cause someone undue embarassment. Perhaps a pm needs to be sent to this troll. Admins?