Translating commands

i was wondering if anyone could help me translate some commands into different languages. Just the commands for going to attention, going to parade rest, horns up, and horns down, i don't really want the others. I want translations for Spanish, German, and Japanese...(but others are cool too). If you're really cool you can put a pronunciation key too! B) Thanks

-Kyle

I marched three years in a Japanese corps. I never heard any corps or band use commands in Japanese. It was always English.

haha, well its just a running joke with my corp to be called to attention and parade rest in ways that other corps at retreat wouldn't expect to hear.  So what would be the closest translation to those kind of commands?

You won't find any I don't think. Yamato doesn't even use Japanese for field commands as the English ones are the same commands that are used in Japanese corps.

But I guess if you want to be funny about it... just add an o (pronounced "oh") at the end of each word (provided that the word ends in a constonant (sp?) minus the letter "n". If a "ch" or "sh" ending, add an "i" (pronounced "ee") to the end), which will then complete a process known as "Japanization." B)

Edited by bari_benzo

But I guess if you want to be funny about it... just add an o (pronounced "oh") at the end of each word (provided that the word ends in a constonant (sp?) minus the letter "n". If a "ch" or "sh" ending, add an "i" (pronounced "ee") to the end), which will then complete a process known as "Japanization." B)

One of our staff, Wayne Dillon, did that a bit last year, he'd always say "Re-setto!" instead of "Reset", to which we always said "Hai!"