Suncoast Sound 1985-86 Pictures

Only 6 corps (85 retreat)?? Small show.  I recognize (R to L) Crossmen, Star, Madison, Suncoast, & Bridgemen, but who's the corps in baby blue?  Doesn;t look like Spirit.

Second from the right is crossmen, you can't see the corps all the way to the right, and by the drum major uni (farthest right) i don't think it's star.

Second from the right is crossmen, you can't see the corps all the way to the right, and by the drum major uni (farthest right) i don't think it's star.

No...2nd dm from the right is Star. The figure's a little washed out, but if you enlarege the image you can see the big star on her chest

No...2nd dm from the right is Star.  The figure's a little washed out, but if you enlarege the image you can see the big star on her chest

Yep! That's Karen Ruschman! B)

I remember that show all too well. Shame we're not in the pic (we were to the right of the Crossmen at retreat that night)

Here's scores from that show (courtesy of From the Pressbox)

July 3 (1985)

Clearwater, FL

1. Scouts 85.9

2. Suncoast 79.7

3. Indiana 74.4

4. Crossmen 62.7

5. Eclipses 54.2

6. Bridgemen 42.5

Edited by StarContra4-85

You know what's REALLY cool...in one of the 85 pictures, I found that color guard shot of the parade, and almost dead center in that shot was the beautiful, talented, and one of my few regrets of not knowing better in my life--Sharon Poole, of the famous Pride of Cincinatti Poole family. She came to VK in 1986-88. AND SHE MARRIED A TURNER!!! No relation I'm sure...and probably as a way to say to me "See dufus what you missed out on!" :-)

No...2nd dm from the right is Star.  The figure's a little washed out, but if you enlarege the image you can see the big star on her chest

You're right, I was stupidly thinking the dm's were lined up the same as their corps and didn't notice that Star and crossmen's DM's ewere swapped. And the picture was not all that clear on my screen so the star dm's top just looked white.