Executive Director's report

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promice I will have all the corps up by Wed. A few more people have sent me information about thier corps and they are waiting in the DCP mailbox. You'll also need to remember there will be a 1-2 day delay on scores since I have to wait for DCI to post the scores.

First DCP Fantasy show is the 12th (posted no later than the 14th). The first week of scores will be generated, so expect a lot of surprises.

I thought the deadline for submitting was the 6th?

• 2 months later...

The Executive director of DCP-I would like to congratulate the following corps for winning thier respective divisions:

Division 1: Machine

Division 2: VK Too

Division 3: hydrofusion

Hold your heads up proudly as the champs.

• 9 months later...

To all directors/participants/family/friends/fans

Since this is the live version of fantasy corps, I think we have failed to mentioned that scores will come out as soon as DCI.org, DCACorps.org and DCMidwest.org are able to get thier recaps up. Please don't get upset if a show results don't get up right away. There will be a few cases in which it will take more than a day.

The ONLY show that will be up the next day, we promice, will be the June 16th show.

Thank you

DCP-I/A Executive Director

Steve Burstall

Corps Making Thier Final Cleanup for Start of Season

Can you believe it? Less than a week from now the first shows of the DCP-I season is about to begin. And we aren't talking one or two shows with a couple of minor corps, we're talking 3 HUGH shows with full lineups! These corps should be proud of what they are doing.

All during the winter months, reports have been coming in of either overflowing rehearsals with more kids than horns/drums or weather hampering corps from having full rehearsals. As the director of Skylarks, I can attest to the latter.

Many directors have been talking about how well the shows are coming. Including many who are in the midst of cleaning. And to think they don't perform until the 16th. Let's hope they can keep up the work ethic and stamina. From what Jeff and I have been going through (most Jeff :P) there are going to be a lot of tired directors and performers on that field. The summer is long and hot.

This year reports of home shows are at an all-time high. Lot of activities for both the performer and fans are ontap. What once was just the "parade and show" day of drum corps past is now an educational field trip for the future marcher and those of olden times. This isn't you're grandfather's drum corps.

So to all members, have fun this final week of rehearsal. There is a lot of traveling ahead of you...as well as some smack talk. ^OO^

DCP-I/A Exec. Director

- Steve Burstall

b**bs I'M SO HAPPY I'M GONNA CRY!

And plenty more smacktalk coming too.  :P

Yeah, you do seem to talk a lot of ying yang! Some of my kids came over to obesrve your rehearsals a few nights ago (free night), and they said they saw some great things coming off of the field from your hornline, but they said nothing to clamor for. It's going to take a lot of work for you guys to step it up and "beat" us this year! The judges already have said MY CORPS are the best thing to come out of Washington! A corp is a reflection of its director... and obviously your corp aint reflectin much! ^0^

::Waives:: as we pass you up all season... :P