Old Sheet Music

I saw another thread where a guy was saying that he still has his from '87 Garfield.

I also have most of my '91 Freelancers lead soprano book.

How many of you still have your music?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read my 1981 bass line parts to Sambandrea Swing!!!!!!!!

Anybody remember that concert with the double rifles???

Got mine. Couple years ago I found a box full of drum corps stuff I forgot I had saved. Thought I had thrown it out with my flag collection after I got married, but no there it was: music (including a copy of the score to Salvation is Created that Jim gave me), gloves, gauntlets, plume, cord, suspenders, tour schedule with written directions on how to get to each site, a corps' suggested packing list (which is rather humorous compared to what kids take these days), corps roster and a group photo from DCI Canada.

My biggest regret was not taking a camera on tour, but to quote a friend from that year, "I was too busy having fun that summer to document it."

I have my drum music to Shenandoah, with the St. Gregory the Great Crusaders in 1964.

I also have a complete set of Chicago Royal Airs drum music from 1964. And I have various Cavalier drum music from the 70's.

I almost forgot, in addition to my sheet music, I was digging in a box the other day and found our housing site list, drill charts through the end of Bartok's Dance Suite, and my white guantlets.

Yep.....I remember that.....it was awesome! A few years after that a high school band I was working with did that number.....exact arrangement. So, we incorporated the double rifle work in as well.....worked out great!

Yep.....I remember that.....it was awesome! A few years after that a high school band I was working with did that number.....exact arrangement. So, we incorporated the double rifle work in as well.....worked out great!

Oooof, I remember asking my fellow Wisconsinite Rick Slupinski (Chachi- :P ) to show me how to do that double rifle thing. I could only make it to the first exchange before whacking another body part!!!! OUCH!! :( But I COULD do a decent horizontal toss!!!

You guard members have uncle z's respect!! :blink:

It's a lot harder than you'd think!!!