Old Sheet Music

I had a binder full of music from everywhere I'd marched seniors and alumni. I even had a copy of "of thee I sing" that was transcribed by hand by Truman Crawford. Lots of Ken Norman stuff that was also transcribed by hand. All my RA music.

Well that all went to #### in the car fire last November. I really haven't gotten over it to be honest.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have my music from all three years of my corps experience: Lead Soprano book from 1991, 92, 93 Phantom Regiment. Also read some cool tunes over the winter months as well as the changes to our shows over the years. I also have the music scores from 1995 Regiment when I instructed. Some great memories.

I still have a box of old drum corps charts from BD, both scores and parts alike. Sam is right, we used to get whole scores from Wayne because he wrote it all by hand-no computer software in those days. We used to have to fold the scores for the right parts and stack them up. Being a contra, it was rather easy. I don't know what the sops or altos did in that case (I think some got creative and taped the lines together). I used to write out the parts anyway-kinda kept me busy between classes in college.

I still have my music from 89 Freelancers, along with my buckle and the SCV Star a friend of mine had given me after finals. After moving in March, I even discovered my old patent leather shoes in a mysterious box full of drum corps/marching memories I had forgotten about!!!

I still have a few pieces of music, most got torn out of my book on tour. I do, however still have my complete chart book and my smaller coordinate book from tour. :D

Yep, still have 85-87 Knights lead baritone parts, plus some EK charts from 84 and the tunes we were working on for 85 (Icarus, You Better You Bet) before we folded. Also, a book of Cedar Rapids Cadets music from the early 60's that I found in the attic of the corps hall back in '85.

Yep, still have 85-87 Knights lead baritone parts, plus some EK charts from 84 and the tunes we were working on for 85 (Icarus, You Better You Bet) before we folded.  Also, a book of Cedar Rapids Cadets music from the early 60's that I found in the attic of the corps hall back in '85.

I loved that Chicago book! Larry did a nice job with that show! :lol:

I loved that Chicago book! Larry did a nice job with that show!  :lol:

You mean Quad City Knights '88? My age out year, decided money and summer school were more important than drum corps. I love Chicago and probably would have loved marching that show. Biggest regret I have. :(