Old Sheet Music

I just read my 1981 bass line parts to Sambandrea Swing!!!!!!!!

Anybody remember that concert with the double rifles???

Yep.....I remember that.....it was awesome! A few years after that a high school band I was working with did that number.....exact arrangement. So, we incorporated the double rifle work in as well.....worked out great!

Oooof, I remember asking my fellow Wisconsinite Rick Slupinski (Chachi- :P ) to show me how to do that double rifle thing. I could only make it to the first exchange before whacking another body part!!!! OUCH!! :( But I COULD do a decent horizontal toss!!!

You guard members have uncle z's respect!! :blink:

It's a lot harder than you'd think!!!

I loved the drum solo with the rotating block of flags and rifles too you guys did....we used that too! It wasn't hard to figure out once you slowed down the video. :P

It was always funny to hear the drumline members say, "did you hear the crowd go crazy in drum solo?!" I always tell them, "my friends, it wasn't YOU they were going crazy over....just listen and you'll hear them go wild when the exchanges took place!" b**bs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some sheet music from the Memphis Blues, "Can't Help falling in love", I get it out and play it every once in a while....

Good stuff!

Oddly, I was cleaning my closet last week and I ran across the full score arrangment of Naval Hymn that Jim Ott did in 1973(?). It even had fingering for P/R bugles.

I say odd as I heard Naval Hymn played during President Reagan's procession from the Capitol Rotunda and funeral at the National Cathedral.

I also have an audio recording of the Tribute to Jim Ott Memorial at Precsion West in Concord in 1980. It was played twice. The first version was as it was "musically" written, then followed by a version to make sure Jim Ott heard it (RIP).

It was one of the bittersweet moments in Drum Corps.

Kaboom!

I've got the complete chart fo the original version of Like a Lover...and back in teh day, Wayne didn;t pass out individual parts...we got complete scores in case he wanted to juggle lines around...#### I wish I'd kept the rest...

Yep, I have my sheet music in a scrapbook my sister made for me along with my drum corps pictures. B)

I still have most of my music from the years I marched with the Knights. I can still play most of my 1979 bass drum book from memory! Sometimes I'll grab some vibraphone parts, re-learn them, and play them along with a tape of the corps! What fun!!

Bob Blomberg

Geneseo Knights, '79-'83

Kilties, '01-'02, '04

I have a number of things from the bluecoats in the 80's. sheet music, uniform parts, helmet and plume, state flags from the bass stacks at finals.

concur with uncle z - which must be why I love LancerFi so much...............!

nodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnods

She's my hero! :blink: