Anybody remember the old Class A, B, & C system?

Hey,

I marched with the Thunderbolts in 1979. We were a class "B" corps all the way. Our first score of the year was a 36 and our final score of the year was a 42. Now that's what class "B" DC was all about...basically being bad. :whistle:

I started out in drum corps. in a Class C drum corps. called the Chutting Stars. We were a feeder corp. to the Class B, then later Class A Blue Angels from Danvers, MA back in the late 1970's.

I started in a parade corps, not even class 'C', in 1964.

Went to a class 'B' field corps, a Garden State Circuit corps, the Imperial Guardsmen in 68/69

Marched class 'A' Garfield Cadets 70-72

Taught class B Imperial Guardsmen, Monarchs (NJ), King's Regiment (NJ) in the 70's. Judged class 'B; Garden State 76-80.

Mike

I started in a parade corps, not even class 'C', in 1964.

Went to a class 'B' field corps, a Garden State Circuit corps, the Imperial Guardsmen in 68/69

Marched class 'A' Garfield Cadets 70-72

Taught class B Imperial Guardsmen, Monarchs (NJ), King's Regiment (NJ) in the 70's. Judged class 'B; Garden State 76-80.

Mike

"Class A B & C":

Remember well the old CYO Cirucits "letter" system and the HUGE number of Drum Corps, Marching Bands, Color Guards and Drill teams that would compete in the Championships, in all classes.

There were so many units in metro Boston ALONE that the Championship Weekend was a TRUE "Championship Weekend", with contests running all day Saturday and Sunday.

Elphaba