Valve Problems

CourtOfHonorMember

well if you can't  march drill then most won't take you as a horn member. But alot of D2/3 corps would let you sit in on camps in the horn section to develop your playing. But if you wanted to also march in the pit for that corps, then you'd have to be in all of the front ensemble rehearsals instead of the horn rehearsals. But like i said because of your visual impairment i'm sure many 2/3 corps would let you sit in to learn with them.

She could always be a pit sop...I'm sure Blue Saints wouldn't mind an extra horn, regardless of field location.

At least the horns working now. Good luck on developing your chops Allee.

If it's some of that junk from Wal-Mart, it may never act right.

I thought you were just using that Wal Mart thing as a figure of speech. I just got back from Wal Mart and as I was leaving, I noticed that they were selling trumpets. :angry:

haha, i work at a cell phone kiosk inside sams club, and I noticed last week that they started selling trumpets, clarinets, flutes, and saxamaphones. haha

the clarinet actually looks like its good quality, its wooden, not plastic (Im not a woodwind player so i dont know if thats actually better, i would think though, i thought the professional clarinet models were made out of wood..)

I thought you were just using that Wal Mart thing as a figure of speech. I just got back from Wal Mart and as I was leaving, I noticed that they were selling trumpets. :angry:

haha, i work at a cell phone kiosk inside sams club, and I noticed last week that they started selling trumpets, clarinets, flutes, and saxamaphones. haha

the clarinet actually looks like its good quality, its wooden, not plastic (Im not a woodwind player so i dont know if thats actually better, i would think though, i thought the professional clarinet models were made out of wood..)

LOL, my wife and I went to K-Mart last week to pick up a new phone. K-Mart now has trumpets and clainets for sale for under $200. All the instruments were still in the box so I couldn't take a good look at them. Funniest part was that they were for sale in the electonics section right next to the music CDs. OK, everyone make your electronics and amps jokes now....

LOL, my wife and I went to K-Mart last week to pick up a new phone. K-Mart now has trumpets and clainets for sale for under $200. All the instruments were still in the box so I couldn't take a good look at them. Funniest part was that they were for sale in the electonics section right next to the music CDs. OK, everyone make your electronics and amps jokes now....

HAHAHA! over here they are RIGHT NEXT to the keyboards, across from the phones and stereos, sam isle as CD-R's and that type of stuff!

Actually, I saw these at Sam's Club too. Trumpets, flutes, alto saxes & clarinets. I really wish they would have had one of the trumpets out of the box to give a test ride to. I frankly don't expect it to be much more than a beer can with valves (as Chuck N. used to say). However, it came with a music stand, and some other stuff as well as a couple year service agreement.

Maybe next time I'm there I'll ask them to open one for me and see if the horns know "Double C".