No Review of Syracuse?

I wasn't there and I need some reviews to help me understand how Bucs ended up in 4th again....any help?

There were four corps that evening capable of walking away with the top spot (and one did! - go figure! Congratulations to the Brigs!). Numerous sources close to me have said Bucs didn't have a very good show either. (I wasn't there)

Kudos to all the corps dealing with the "rainiest" season in DCA history...

SHAMELESS PLUG TO FOLLOW:

I'll have a review of the show in an upcoming issue of Drum Corps World.

(End of shameless plug)

Fran

First off.....why would Grenadiers (class A) go on in the middle of all the open class corps? I heard (rumor) that Buccs voted against them changing position...what a shame.

Empire....okay show, nothing like the show in KIngston. They must have added some newbies, because they were crashing into each other on the field. Then it sounded like they had some problems with ensemble that wasn't there the week before. Too bad. I THOUGHT they would be the corps to beat this weekend, but after they were done, you knew something better was coming. They will be back on top if they can get rid of all the little things (people) that are holding back the 'pictures' on the field.

Grenadiers.....another surprise to me. They have improved greatly since I last saw them. Nice guard and over all good show. They will be a BIG contender for the class A championship! IMO, they will win it. There show will surprise a lot of people.

Buccaneers....my favorite musical show. Love that horn line, although they didn't have their best night either. They were better in Kingston too. Some bumps here and there, M&M needs work. Otherwise, they too will be in the hunt. Beautiful guard work, but the drumline is what I love the most. They put on quite a show. Hornline seemed to be tired the second half of the show.

Cabs.....best show all year so far. Great guard, drums and hornline. They just can't let up at all. They give it their best and still end up in 3rd. If Buccs turn on, watch out Cabs. Cabs were loud too....wow....the crowd just loved that show. Most in the audience had Cabs for first place tonight (me included) because they were actually the best corp that night. But they just don't have the visual package, and they can't sell it anymore then they have already. Sorry. A few bumps here and there, but that can be corrected (hopefully), but the show itself is not the best for the Cabs. Sorry guys/gals, just not your year this time.

Brigadiers....great sounding corp. But what a good looking guard show. The guard actually makes this show. Hornline has some great moments too and they were on in front of the hometown crowd. Didn't seem to have any major problems at all this night, hence the win. They brought me on as a fan this time. Good going Brigs. The show itself though, is a sleeper if they don't perform the heck out of it. I have though, moved them up in my predictions for DCA and put them in 2nd now.

Certainly the best year for DCA!