Decibel Levels...interesting!!

drewbugler

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Interesting note. I was talking to Wayne at the hall today. He told me he did a decibel test to see which key of horns were the loudest. He said the test showed the Bb's were actually louder than the G's. Interesting to know.

That IS interesting. I wonder how far away the meter was when the test was taken. Perhaps, what this means is that the Bb horns don't project as well as G. There have been so many people who have said that Bb hornlines are not as loud as G(me included). Could this be the reason?

Well, I just got my decibel meter. We shall see what we shall see!!

That IS interesting. I wonder how far away the meter was when the test was taken. Perhaps, what this means is that the Bb horns don't project as well as G. There have been so many people who have said that Bb hornlines are not as loud as G(me included). Could this be the reason?

Hmmm, maybe the Bb's are more seceptible to projection issues. Like how a Conn 88H doesnt project half as well as a Bach 42, or and Edwards. Maybe the Bb marching horns are the same way. It was very interesting to know that though. I was in disbelief, but if Wayne says it's true, it is. So.......

Maybe this summer the Blue Devils hornline will prove this theory............ ]:-)

Yea, but have the Renegades achieved 160dB? That is the question.

Stand in front of us and judge for yourself.

Guess I should bring last weeks ear plugs for our all weekend camp tomorrow.

]:-)