Wow...that is VERY cool! Especially because I was There!! If I recall correctly, all of us California kids really enjoyed buying up (Illegal in CA) fireworks and setting them off after the show at the school we were staying at. We ALWAYS had great times in Wisconsin.

Look at the price of admission. My, how times have changed...

Anyone else notice the parade before the show??????

If I remember correctly, $2.50 back in 1971 could score you a couple of meals at McDonald's (remember "change back from your $1???)!!!!

Also, if I remember correctly, "Latina" used to show up on a lot of other corps' "Favorite Songs" from their yearbooks!!!!!! :)

If I remember correctly, $2.50 back in 1971 could score you a couple of meals at McDonald's (remember "change back from your $1???)!!!!

Also, if I remember correctly, "Latina" used to show up on a lot of other corps' "Favorite Songs" from their yearbooks!!!!!! :)

"Parades Prior":

"Parades" were a quite common "preview" of the corps "back then", not only in the MidWest but the East also. The best "Parade Prior" I ever marched in was the 1967 Garfield "Invitational" walkathon.

The marchers were treated to a free pass through a BEER GARDEN after the parade. Almost made it worthwhile, and the afternoon practice almost enjoyable....

Elphaba

It was great seeing that program from 71. I only got to see big corps like this that WEREN'T from California at Drum Along The Rockies that year. Midwesterners and Easterners got this stuff like every weekend or so......I was so jealous.

And it amazes me that only 8 years later I would be living right there in and around LaCrosse! Man, I sure didn't see THAT coming!

"....the one thing I know about the future, is you just can't see it from here....." (Paraphrased line from old Jack Tempchin song.)

RON HOUSLEY