Got Brigs?

Ok, so... many.... jokes.... gonna stop here now, it's bad enough living a few miles from the french. hehe!

By the way, if anyone needs a ride from London, call me. Looks like Brit Brigs count at the moment, is still at two. Why is it only ever 2 or less?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, after reading these posts, I miss you guys!  Sounds like a fantastic year!  I'll be the one on the sidelines cheering y'all on.

Ron B. made me promise to hall some water coolers around this summer if I could find a weekend free but, Grad School is an unforgiving cus' :(

Take Care, and Get Some!!!

-Dan

Be the B!

Hey--I managed to work & go to grad school & march. It's not THAT bad...

(If you don't mind not sleeping ever, schlepping around books/papers/etc to rehearsals, have no social life...)

Ok, so... many.... jokes.... gonna stop here now, it's bad enough living a few miles from the french. hehe!

By the way, if anyone needs a ride from London, call me. Looks like Brit Brigs count at the moment, is still at two. Why is it only ever 2 or less?

Damon,

I'm also looking for a flight for April camp. Maybe we should check out for prices. Maybe it is cheeper to grap a rhainrair (10 EUR) flight to or from London to Frankfurt and fly from there over the big sea. Till now it seems that 341,- EUR seems to be the price.

Can't wait to be in Syracuse. Maybe nobody know the the history behind "my year" with the Brigs. I tried to come over in 2003 to march Brigs. In May I lost my job and I had to cancel. In 2004 we talked again about comming over, but we can't find an acceptable time schedule AND I lost again my job (that the issue when you are in computer business for 12 years: 12 years 8 companyies). Now I run my own company, so no "boss" will make trouble and noone else can take me my born right to march with (for me) the greatest group on earth. And when it come to "richtig auf die Kacke hauen" in early September nobody can say.... bla bla bla it's all about the money it's all about bingo. The best corps should win and I will march with the best. I still can't believe it and I will not believe it before I leave the field after my first runthrough.

Hope we will hit 70 Brass in April. I want to stay between my heavy metal gang and can't play because of "Wowwwwww".

OK, good night. Here in the old world it's 1 am and I had a heavy day at the CeBIT show in Hannover (no no marching band show - computer fair).

Take care, hope to see all virtual friends in real in April.

BTW hope we have enough sleeping rooms because the secound part of my nick has a meaning and I will not loose friends the first camp.

O.K. guys let me tell you what the status is for the B.O.G. (Brigs Ohio Group).

As of now I have 4 people that ride with me in my 6 passenger minivan, they are Me (gerald) Don, Evan, and Becka. Don said that he has a friend from Bluecoats who plays Baritone. And the odds are good that my daughters Band teacher who played Contra with the Cavaliers in 87 will be marching with us.

That makes 6 people. Now I can tell you that with just 4 people there instruments and stuff for staying overnight the minivan is packed tight. So if there is anybody from the Ohio area they might need to provide there own ride.

Gerald

Air Baritone

O.K. guys let me tell you what the status is for the B.O.G. (Brigs Ohio Group).

As of now I have 4 people that ride with me in my 6 passenger minivan, they are Me (gerald) Don, Evan, and Becka. Don said that he has a friend from Bluecoats who plays Baritone. And the odds are good that my daughters Band teacher who played Contra with the Cavaliers in 87 will be  marching with us.

That makes 6 people. Now I can tell you that with just 4 people there instruments and stuff for staying overnight the minivan is packed tight. So if there is anybody from the Ohio area they might need to provide there own ride.

Gerald

Air Baritone

Gerald,

I may have another guy who plays sop, drive. He has a mini van. We can get another four or five more folks.. So, bring it on! Apri 9 and 10. We are all pulling the the stops!. You don't want to miss this year with the Brigs!

Minivan? I have to share with 400 people on a bloody 737, getting funny looks at my suspicious looking trumpet case....

"purpose of your visit sir"

"i play in a drum corps"

"a WHAT?"

"its a marching band"

"you're here, from England, for 3 days, to play in a marching band??"

"well, yes"

"come this way sir..." (snap of rubber gloves)

I'm not kidding America, if terrorists were in marching bands, you would have the safest country b**bs b**bs

Oliver, I'm not familiar with that rubbishy Euro toytown money, but will look at the options you suggest! Good idea!

Minivan? I have to share with 400 people on a bloody 737, getting funny looks at my suspicious looking trumpet case....

"purpose of your visit sir"

"i play in a drum corps"

"a WHAT?"

"its a marching band"

WE ARE NOT A MARCHING BAND :rolleyes: .

However I do know how hard it is trying to explain what Drum Corps is :beer: . I always like to tell people if marching band was on steroids then you have Drum Corps.

April 9 and 10. any questions?