Hardest/Coolest Contra Parts

randomnoise

I am in the middle of finishing up the Renegades' book for 2002, and I want to feature our incredible Contra players.

So, who is the standard? What are the hardest Contra Parts ever?

What is the Coolest Contra feature ever?

Like I told the guys at rehearsal, I think the hardest Contra part ever written was the whole note 'G' at the beginning of Russian Xmas Music that we played in SCV '87. And BD has always had some killer Contra-butions.

What do you all think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, as youstated already, BD has always had some awesome Contra parts, the 89 opener, 91 second number, 86 OTL.....etc, etc,etc

Some say 86 Star of Indiana...., I also think 82/83 Spirit of Atlanta had some decent contra offerings.

Thats just off the top of my head as a listener/fan.

Geoffrey

Check out the contra rif in 89 Freelancers coming out of the drum break. Wouldnt say it is the "toughest ever", but it was still pretty ########!!

1974 Purple Lancers.Nice contra soli in exit.Also.Cliff White's solo in Open Wide 1980 27th Lancers.Definately Spirit playing Nuttville,and Star with 18 playing Close Encounters

J

1974 Purple Lancers.Nice contra soli in exit.Also.Cliff White's solo in Open Wide 1980 27th Lancers.Definately Spirit playing Nuttville,and Star with 18 playing Close Encounters

J

Oops ,almost forgot Bridgemen 1980 In the Stone. CBA weah.

J