Favorite All-Girl Corps

Who was your favorite All Girl Corps?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite All Girl Corps?

• CapitolAires
    • St. Ignatius Girls
    • Ventures
    • Audobon Bon Bons
    • Fire-Ettes
    • Mello-Dears
    • St. John's Girls
    • CDof A
    • Bandettes
    • other

"Notre Dame All Girls":

Yes indeed, a fine "All Girls" corps.  Most of their instructors were also members/instructors of the Connecticut Hurricanes.  Joe Genero, Ray Ludee the team of "Condon & Woods" on 'M & M" and Tony DeFrancisco.

Many of the "Girls" of that generation are now all grown up (and "Grandmothers" to boot) and are still marching, with the 'Park City Pride" Alumni corps of Bridgeport Ct.

Elphaba

They sure sure are and a special mention for Ruthe "Baritone Babs" Ploskunyak and Jan "Contrababe" McMoran. B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say St. Iggies. I grew up across the park from their practice field. from the time I was a little boy, I used to go to bed during the summertime and open my window. I could just about see the lights from my room and I would listen to them do run throughs at the end of the night.

I then got a little older and became good friends (yeah, yeah) with many of them before I ever even had any idea to march myself.

they were a tough group of girls who I am very proud to call my friends.

w/Stp: minus the whole living in Hicksville part. :)

Un - frigg'n - believable!!! Even the west coast guy forgot these girls. The Alberta All-Girls!!! Fred Sanford taught their drum line and they played some incredible stuff - heavily exposed parts, back in the days of the tick. Mannnnnnnn. So on a saner note, I always did dream of being the "towell" boy for the Capitaleres - they get my vote.

Mike Braga

SCV 1973 - 1975

SCV TOR 2004

Missed The Alberta All-Girls. Have to edu-ma-cate myself on them. Knowing the late great Mr. Sanford fom 67 Anaheim Kingsmen and, of course, when he moved north, I betcha those women really loved the man. What a likeable character.......I knew big things were going to happen up in SCV-land when he and Peter Emmons moved North and my prediction from way back there in 1967 sure did prove 100% spot on.

Oh, slightly off topic though still drum corps and the female gender......how many old California corps persons remember the two way-tall and beautiful sisters in the guard of the Stockton Caballeros back circa 1966?

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

Oh, slightly off topic though still drum corps and the female gender......how many old California corps persons remember the two way-tall and beautiful sisters in the guard of the Stockton Caballeros back circa 1966? 

RON HOUSLEY

Oh my gawd, I do!!! I was 7 years old and I remember them from the State Championships in Santa Clara at Santa Clara University. And there was always the parade the next day. They were a vision even for my pre-pubescent eyes.

Mike Braga

SCV 1973 - 1975

SCV TOR 2004

• 9 months later...
I have to say St. Iggies. I grew up across the park from their practice field. from the time I was a little boy, I used to go to bed during the summertime and open my window. I could just about see the lights from my room and I would listen to them do run throughs at the end of the night.

I then got a little older and became good friends (yeah, yeah) with many of them before I ever even had any idea to march myself.

they were a tough group of girls who I am very proud to call my friends.

I used to march with St Iggys back in 72 to 76. Praticed at Cantiague Park. Those were really good times with the best instructors who are still instructing today. I love to run into them at shows as i am marching with Caballeros Alumni with my hubby Bob. Having a great time! Come on, we need some more votes! DCI All-Girl champions and World Open All-Girl Champions!!!

Debbie

St Ignatius - Fall 1971 to 1976

Cabs Alumni 2000 ((?)2001) to the present :)

arbella salem, MA