Rochester Phoenix DVD

Has it been 30 years?

It's funny to go to corps gatherings and you tell someone you played in a two year corps from Rochester called Phoenix, they always come back with, oh ya, so and so played in Phoenix and most of the time I never heard of them. I really think Phoenix was something like Woodstock where if everyone who says they were there, were, 10 million people would have been there.

It was a once in a lifetime experience and I am glad I was a part of it.

Well I didn't march that year but I WAS THERE to see one of the great surprises of DCA prelims. I remember thinking WHO THE #### ARE THESE GUYS? I went expecting Cabs, Sky and the rest to blow me away but Phoenix came out of left field and rocked! The three things I remember most of 75 were Sky, Rain and Phoenix! Many thanks to the marching members for a show I still listen to today.

:music:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabs and Buccs were slugging it out all season and then Sky came alive the last month. Three corps in a "too close to call" Championships and a totally soaked, slick field. Then came the caption awards for GE, M&M and horns... Cabs, Buccs and Sky took one each and everyone figures whoever took top Drums would be the eventual winner.

Still can hear "The award for top drums goes to..... the Baltimore Yankee Rebels". Place goes nuts, Rebs in front of us (no corps on the field for retreat) start hugging each other, and the tension level just goes thru the roof.

And it's just freakin' POURING thru all this....

• 18 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/10/2004 at 9:15 PM, Jeff Ream said:

and he pulled ya off during Rocky Horror if I believe!

just sent my check in!

I actually have a recording of BOTH performance. The gun went off towards the end of Journey to the Center of the Earth.