Debunking the '75 Muchacho Mystique?

What I can add to this is I've had a couple personal discussions with then-DCI contest manager Bob Briske, who told me on two different occasions that knowing what was coming down after Muchachos competed in DCI World prelims in 1975, he immediately collected ALL the scoresheets from the judges as soon as the corps finished their show. These sheets were NEVER tabulated, even Bob didn't look at them, and there is NO WAY anyone could know what that score was.

Chalk it up to DCI's own urban legend that refuses to die.

Mike

Perhaps someone should contact this seller to ask where he got this information from? Obviously, he knows something we have all speculated on for 30 years now!

Rocketman - ???

ampssuck

See Paul Milanos definitive post on this last year. THE Story

NO truth to this at all. Muchachos did NOT win 75 prelims, in any case there were overage members so their corps did not meet the guidelines for a DCI competitor.

Edited by dans24103

• 4 weeks later...

75 CYO Nationals could have been the national championship. The most unique thing about the top 5 was the difference in their performance level and show design - yet score wise - they could bump each other around.

Madison - horns, horns, horns

BD - tight - top to bottom - great but nothing over shadowed anything else

SCV - still had that drum machine thing and a great total package

27th - GE, Guard, GE, GUard, GE, Guard, Guard and the Danny Boy Wheel

Muchachos - arrogant, tough, power, drums and horns were awesome

75 CYO - thousands of more people than at Manning Bowl. A superb show.

• 4 weeks later...
Take it from one that was there....during the DQ, and after at the meeting. We were given a score in 1975.  Won prelims by .6......Just like in Roswell, NM....the powers that be can't cover up everything!

wow, this guy knows how to use the search feature of DCP. Too bad there isn't a truth button.