Two-Seven at the movies

It only took me two years to get around to it but he 35th anniversary video, "Two-Seven: A brief history of the 27th Lancers" is now online.

You probably need:

Windows media Player 9 (or better)

IE 6.0

a DSL connection (or better) sorry folks a dial-up just won't cut it.

an hour of free time(or so)

When I get some more server space and some free time (maybe in 4 weeks, maybe in 4 months) I will upload the 1994 27 alumni video and just for LancerFi, a few videos of hammerhead sharks.

Oh, yeah... you need to go to www.beanman.net to see it. If the video doesn't auto-start just try clicking the play button. If it still doesn't start, you're on your own.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only took me two years to get around to it but he 35th anniversary video, "Two-Seven: A brief history of the 27th Lancers" is now online.

You probably need:

Windows media Player 9 (or better)

IE 6.0

a DSL connection (or better) sorry folks a dial-up just won't cut it.

an hour of free time(or so)

When I get some more server space and some free time (maybe in 4 weeks, maybe in 4 months) I will upload the 1994 27 alumni video and just for LancerFi, a few videos of hammerhead sharks.

Oh, yeah... you need to go to www.beanman.net to see it. If the video doesn't auto-start just try clicking the play button. If it still doesn't start, you're on your own.

Awesome, great work, and thanks for the hammerheads, although unfortunately I do have dial up! Maybe I'll see that in person someday....if you're still doing that! I didn't realize that they were hammerheads, I thought the big tank had it all, huge sea turtles, hammerheads and regular sharks et. al.....hammerheads are cute! Thanks again!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

Nancy

It's working for me! So it should work for dial up maybe.....I have it and love it, hope you all do too!!

DOUBLE POST.... :rolleyes:

Edited by LancerFi

This looks like something I really want to see, and it was going just fine until about five minutes in, and then I lost the sound. I reconnected, watched from the beginning again, and lost sound at the same exact spot. :(

I don't think it's my 'puter...

So far, this has the potential to be my best Christmas present this year...

It's working for me!  So it should work for dial up maybe.....I have it and love it, hope you all do too!!

I spoke too soon. I just wanted to see if it would work, and it went for about a minute buffering all of the way, I saw that minute, then I got an error.....so I do believe dial up is just not fast enough or whatever.

It is a great Xmas gift, trust me, I loved it, and without bias, I know people who don't know our story and loved it! Good luck getting it going, I believe you'll really enjoy it, and you'll see a few shows thru the years as well, I think it was 1 song, not a song for every year, but a few years....it was done so :rolleyes: .....I can't even think of the word.....

Merry Christmas Nancy!

Another thing is that I have no idea if the server will handle only one connection or can serve multiple streams of the file.

I might need to play around with the file encoding, bit rate and whatevers to make it more reliable, you know, geek stuiff.

Forgive me... I am not a smart man and some of this stuff is made up as I go along.

Edited by drmr27

Merry Christmas Nancy!

Forgive me... I am not a smart man and some of this stuff is made up as I go along.

Oh contrare!!!!!!!!!! More than smart actually! And far from geeky for sure!!

I'm all set as I have the video, (thank you very much) so I was just checking more for the members of DCP who may be interested in a very good story, done so uniquely!!

It should work out for most people I would think and hope!

OK, well I tried it again (and again) and I lose it the same place each time. The scene shows the alumni corps playing Crown, and then there are some interviews. There is a fellow who says he was in the stands and the crowd was on their feet going crazy, and then it cuts to Mr. Bonfiglio discussing the phone calls he made. Then the sound goes, same spot each time. I let it go for another 10 minutes, no sound. I tried my own "geeky stuff" :P but no luck.

This looks really good... I'm sure LancerFi is not exagerating. Although in the short time I have been here on DCP I have gotten the slight impression she is only a little biased when it comes to 2-7. :P

(By her own admission of course... ) (This is not a bad thing, btw...)

Quick 27 story: I was in a small corps from the midwest called the Vaquero's. We used to play 1975 27th Lancers over and over and over again, along with Devils, because you were on the same album together that year. This went on for months. We knew the drum charts for both corps shows and what we didn't know we made up to fit in. :blink: We went to Whitewater,WI for DCI midwest in 1977 (you didn't come to DCI midwest in '75 or '76) and when we were pulling in, there was 27th's equipment truck sitting there. b**bs We were out of our minds with excitement. Drumline was wearing kilts that year, and I believe they took high drums that show. Seem's funny now, but it was pretty cool back then... :rolleyes: A great memory of how amazing and inspiring corps was back then for us as kids before cell phones, computers, cash station machines, walkmans or IPods, decent buses, pda's, nintendo/gameboy...etc. It's a wonder we had anything to do in those days. Come to think of it, we were ALWAYS busy doing something, even without all the cool stuff they have now days...

Edited by GGarrett