Two-Seven at the movies

Brilliant. There will never be another corps like 27th..... :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm...judging from the posts, it must be my 'puter.

never mind...carry on.

Certainly a great look into 2-7. Having recently moved into the New England area, it's interesting to see this. I love seeing film and reading about corps of the 60's through the early 80's. The whole period seemed to be one of growth and diversity in drum corps that remains unequaled. I've worn out my set of Through the Years tapes of the Cavies, and I'm always hungry for the same look into other corps histories. I like to think that I'm moving forward into the future of drum corps, and innovating. While still respecting the past and those who stepped on the field before me. Thank you for allowing me this wonderful opportunity to share in 27th's past, and remind me of why I love this activity.

It only took me two years to get around to it but he 35th anniversary video, "Two-Seven: A brief history of the 27th Lancers" is now online.

You probably need:

Windows media Player 9 (or better)

IE 6.0

a DSL connection (or better) sorry folks a dial-up just won't cut it.

an hour of free time(or so)

When I get some more server space and some free time (maybe in 4 weeks, maybe in 4 months) I will upload the 1994 27 alumni video and just for LancerFi, a few videos of hammerhead sharks.

Oh, yeah... you need to go to www.beanman.net to see it. If the video doesn't auto-start just try clicking the play button. If it still doesn't start, you're on your own.

You know, sitting here at work on Christmas Day could have been a lot worse, but already my day is awesome thanks to this video. Thanks!

P.S. My uncle is in the picture of the snareline from '77 (Bruce Gamin '76-'77).

hmmmm...judging from the posts, it must be my 'puter. 

never mind...carry on.

GG-

The interviews switch from left to right channels at times, as do some of the sound effects and music. My ugly Bahstahn accent narration spans both channel as I remember...

Fun fact to know: The ten seconds of interview towards the beginning with Michael Dustin and Joanne Knowles Dustin is about the only ten seconds I could use out of 90 minutes of tape. The rest is some of the most outrageously funny stuff about 27, and rated RRRRR!

Thanks all for the kind words, spread the URL.

Steve, thanks for taking the time to post that up. It is truly an amazing video which I had the pleasure of seeing it last year when LancerFi sent it to me.

I hope all who were/are fans of the 27th Lancers will stop by your website to take a step back in time. A time when innovations were being made right before our eyes.

Thanks again! <santa>

Are you going to distribute it so we can ALL get a copy???

I really enjoyed this video of the 27th Lancers!!!!

This is a must have for any drum corps fan!!!!

This is what drum & bugle corps is all about.   (FAMILY)

Hi Old Dutch Boy Cadet, it was distributed right here. Did you watch the whole thing? I hope people can download all of it!

That was the distribution....or do you mean the download in the future of the whole 94 show? Were you in Foxboro in 1994 for the exhibition?

Edited by LancerFi