dcp-i history discussion

Well, how about some discussion on that info posted, which was really cool by the way!

Here's some interesting tidbits about my corps:

- In dcp-i #2, Machine won the highest score ever awarded (95.493) using only 143 caption points. The corps entered competition right before regionals, therefore only allowed to have 15 shows (plus the regional final) in the entire season. Just imaghin if all 145 caption pionts had been able to been used, huh?

- wongbong, with the second highest score ever awarded (95.481) was won using only 141 caption points. Like Machine, the corps entered competition late in the season, and these were the best combination of captions.

- hydrofusion went undefeated the last 16 shows of dcp-i #2 (aside from the judged prelims exhibition), and has remained unbeaten in the first 18 shows of #3, therefore creating one of the longest winning streaks (if not the longest) of dcp-i with 34 shows unbeaten.

- In dcp-i #2, Machine only won 8 shows, before going on to win finals. Also, the corps placed 1st in prelims, 4th in quarters, 2nd in semis, and 1st in finals, never dropping below the top 4.

- I have been running the dcp-i statistics since dcp-i #1. I'm still not sure how many people it has helped/affected, but hey, it's fun!

Also, does anyone remember Buena Vista's run in dcp-i #1? They went unbeaten for a HUGE chunk of the season, and IIRC, it was coldfusion that beat them first. That was a pretty fun day :whistle:

Edited by elementwrx

My Tennessee Nipples had a good streak in DCP-I 1. Until we got beat by Buena Vista by like .01 or something!! My Sons of Thunder also have had a good streak to, I think we are still undefeated this season.

Yeah WongBong and Tennessee Nipples had terrific runs that first season. I came flying into finals when I was out of it just a couple weeks before that. Figured out how to do captions. :P

Well all i know is that this site is my new fav past time, i mean its set as my homepage, and for my first season my corps isnt doing bad at all. we broke 80 points today and we only have one caption under 16 points and we average placing about 3rd or 4th place. So i think im haveing a good first season, but hey thats just me and i know Mountain State Glory will be around for a few more seasions to come.