Is anyone here going to Providence this year?

Just curious.  It's a long way from this coast to the east, but I've already booked into it.

I have tickets for all three nights....but not certain if I'm going.

BTW congrats Old Dutch Boy Cadet! My brother in-law is 46 and they just had their second child last year.....so you aren't alone! I think many of us "baby-boomers" waited to start a family. I did....I was 30 before I had my first born and 35 before my second.

Congratulations!!!

I'd like to go but haven't made plans yet. My division will have projects due about that time, so getting vacation time may be difficult.

However, I'm close enough I might be able to go up Saturday at least.

I may have two tickets to sell for finals, stay tuned!!!

Edited by Old Dutch Boy Cadet

Since Div 11/111 will be in my back yard..

I'm going!  :)

I have an added bonus.. I'm an alumni of the Nashua, NH Spartans.  I'd like to see how they do.

Sharon

Welcome to DCP, Sharon! (God help your mortal soul...) :worthy: b**bs

I'm betting Spartans did you proud on Thursday in the inaugural parade. I didn't get to see it, unfortunately. :(

Welcome to DCP, Sharon!  (God help your mortal soul...:worthy:  b**bs

I'm betting Spartans did you proud on Thursday in the inaugural parade.  I didn't get to see it, unfortunately. :(

Hi Kevin! Thanks!

I didn't get to see the Spartans either! <**> I was at work. I do remember watching Empire when you marched though.. ####.. that was 4 years ago!

I went to a wake (sadly) last week.. and a family member (now living in North Carolina) made it a point to say to me and my sister that it had been almost thirty years since the Spartans had marched in a parade for the president. And how exciting was it that the current corps was? I had marched with his brother (who I was there for) IN that previous parade. Jimmy Carter. 1977. It was amazing that the kid (no.. not a kid.. he's in his late 30's and works in politics) remembered that we (me, my sister and his brother) had marched in that parade. And now the current Spartans did.

Amazing. The whole family absolutely remembered who my sister and I were.. even though it had been over 20 years since we had seen the family..

It just reminds me.. Drum corps doesn't let go of their family.

And I'm reminded of that on a daily basis..

Sharon