Phantom Auditions

Lynkin

Okay, here's my official trumpet auditioning for Phantom stuff.

WOW! I mean, there's not a whole lot to say. I just know about how strenuous All-State auditions are. It amazes me that all I need to do is play with sound! Major scales? I can do that...

Now all I have to do is find a good solo piece (some good etudes are in my mind)...

I know that I'm in complete control of whether I want this or not...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Tim, and no matter what happens, just enjoy the experience!!!

I know, that's what I need to remind myself.

If I don't make it, I still have plenty of years ahead of me (although 2004 won't work for me). I'm 16, eligible, but 16.

While it would be amazing to be a part of this next summer, I could manage to maybe see some more shows next summer if things don't work out....

In other news, I had an awesome trumpet lesson...go me

I know, that's what I need to remind myself.

If I don't make it, I still have plenty of years ahead of me (although 2004 won't work for me). I'm 16, eligible, but 16.

While it would be amazing to be a part of this next summer, I could manage to maybe see some more shows next summer if things don't work out....

In other news, I had an awesome trumpet lesson...go me

best of luck Tim ... but whats in 2004?

If you don't make it at Phantom, march somewhere else. It's cool

that you really want to march there, but there are tons of corps out

there who will be looking for members and there is unbelievably

valuable experience to be gained. And who knows? Maybe you'll

find a place that you really enjoy and you'll want to stay and make

that your home. Or maybe you'll use that experience and make

a go for Phantom in 2004. Point is...if you're eligible to march, you

have the resources to march, and you want to march, then MARCH!

thanks for the support guys!

Phantom is my top choice for a number of reasons. The tough thing about me choosing a corps is location! The Colts (another corps on my mind) are the closest.

Anyway, it's about marching really. Something that I've learned to love. Just the ability to march outside of band at school thrills me.

Now, about these packets for Phantom specifically...

From what I can tell, there's a fee for almost every corps audition camp, not just Phantom. There's a lot of info on traveling accomodations and general information about things. It does include what you need to perform for each area... (drums, brass, guard)

And it has a small signature sheet that says whether you will be at that camp or not...

Go for it, not sure what you have to loose!

good luck Tim! Auditions, while very nerve-racking, can be a lot of fun too. Some of my best memories from last fall are standing in the pouring, freezing rain at set for 15 minutes before they let us go in! although i was hating it at the time, i look back with fondness! hopefully this year is even better.

When you audition for the Regiment, be relaxed and GO FOR IT!! Age doesn't make much difference if you kick butt on your audition. Based on your posts, you'll be fine.

Good luck, and as we used to say in the Regiment in my day...Kick it in!!! B)