Favorite Place

What was your fav DCI Championship City?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What was your fav DCI Championship City?

• Whitewater
    • Madison
    • Denver
    • Miami
    • Atlanta
    • Birmingham
    • Montreal
    • Philadelphia
    • Boston
    • Buffalo
    • Mississippi (not a city, I know)

I liked Buffalo. Lots to do and see. Great seats.

Philadelphia for me, it just "felt" like Drum Corps there.

Ditto....Phillly for me!

The last show I'd been to was in Philly back in 02 - DCI East - great turnout, great show - it DID have that good old "drum corps" feel to the place - U Penn Stadium.

Though as a native midwesterner, I am forced to be partial to places like Milwaukee, Madison, Racine, Whitewater!

I see an interesting "east coast" vs "midwest" difference here!

The last show I'd been to was in Philly back in 02 - DCI East - great turnout, great show - it DID have that good old "drum corps" feel to the place - U Penn Stadium.

Though as a native midwesterner, I am forced to be partial to places like Milwaukee, Madison, Racine, Whitewater!

I see an interesting "east coast" vs "midwest" difference here!

Rob, you were there in 02? What about 01? And Allentown 03 & 04? I believe that's how it went. I was there those years, I believe it was Philly 2 times, then A-town twice....

And to think that we didn't meet!!!!

I noticed that in Philly we were sitting on the opposite side of the stands as compared to Nationals in 75 & 76.....I could tell by the large clock against the brick building....it felt weird for it to be turned around....I just love that place.....

I noticed that in Philly we were sitting on the opposite side of the stands as compared to Nationals in 75 & 76.....I could tell by the large clock against the brick building....it felt weird for it to be turned around....I just love that place.....

Ditto LancerFi. Throughout the day in '01, before BD started the clinic, I was on the field talking with Scott Johnson and Sean Vega. I said to Scott - does it seem like 25 years since we competed on this very field? It sort of made time evaporate for us both.

The most awkward sensation, was being on the "opposite" side from 1975 and 1976.

decided to rent "Unbreakable" tonight, guess what stadium was seen in it?

Uh huh.

Legend - am not familiar with the movie - what's it about?

Nancy - the 02 show was the first show I'd been to since, geez, 1970! And to think we shared the same air in Philly......................oh, did I tell you that State FINALLY got me and I'll start the Foreign Service in DC on my 51st birthday on 7 March? Took 'em almost two YEARS!

Imagine me, a diplomat! Stand by, world, old school drum corps meets international diplomacy!

:rolleyes::whistle::music:

I know finals have never been held in Allentown, but Birney Crum Stadium for DCI East was always a great venue there in the Lehigh Valley. But Denver in both 1977 and 78 was the best venue I have ever played in. The prelim site at the University of Boulder was just awesome....