Fav Color Guard

Who is the all-time fav color guard?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the all-time fav color guard?

• Cavaliers
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Devils
    • Bridgemen
    • 27th Lancers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • SCV
    • Velvet Knights
    • Freelancers
    • Seneca Optimists
    • Blue Stars
    • Kilties
    • Crossmen
    • Suncoast Sound
    • Others

How can there be any other guard BUT 27th Lancers?!

First, best, ONLY!

I wubs you, LancerFi!  :rolleyes:

Oh, and I love you back, so much!!! :whistle::music:

I'm kind of surprised that they put us up, only because most of the other corps are still around....and we can only be judged up to 1986....it's all good!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LancerFi, let me just tell you this:

27th Lancers are the color guard on which all color guards are judged...past AND present! Don't you realize what an impact you had on the color guard realm???! It's staggering.

Guards may come and go, but 27th Lancers' guard is IMMORTAL!

LancerFi, let me just tell you this:

27th Lancers are the color guard on which all color guards are judged...past AND present! Don't you realize what an impact you had on the color guard realm???! It's staggering.

Guards may come and go, but 27th Lancers' guard is IMMORTAL!

What she said!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by ODBC

Unfortunately, no, I've never seen Carmen, Miss Saigon,  86, 87, 88, 89....none of them.

Gosh, girl, we've gotta get you some DVDs! :)

To be honest, DCI lost me starting around '92. I'd pretty much rolled with everything corps had been doing up to that point, but then I started to get a really strong sense that execution was taking a back seat to production, and that bothered me. So then my interest began to wane. But I still have tapes of the telecasts starting in '78, and I'm slowly building my "Legacy" DVD collection. I need to double back and get '74, and then I'll probably get '87 through '93 (if DCI is still doing that "buy five, get the sixth free" offer), and I'll have everything I want.

Hey, Sue!

Get '87...Cadets' guard is great, but I think you'll really like Phantom, too. I loved Phantom's guard outfits...just gorgeous. Cadets' guard was gorgeous, as well.

Also liked SkyRyders' version of WSS...very different.

Sally

Hey, Sue!

Get '87...

'87 is one of my all-time favorite years! I don't have it on DVD yet; money is waay too tight. But it's in my last batch to order, whenever we can afford it. Right now, I have '75 through '86, then '89 and '91 (I bought those last two used from someone selling them here on DCP). So then, for my last batch, I want '74 and then '87, '88, '90, '92 and '93. That'll pretty much do it for me! :)

If the question is who was the best, there's only one answer, however there can be opinions about who your favorite is.....well BD.

I'm very shocked that anyone would vote SCV as their favorite CG. Hornline-yes, drum line-yes but guard???

Sorry, that's my opinion.....on any given year SCV during my era did not stick out or was not considered to be well, good, except for that last move-the bottle dance, however that doesn't make up for not using weapons, and just generally not looking like a top guard.  Now, for everyone  else that believes this, and I know there are many, I've said it and there it is!  I'll take the heat, but I know you're thinking it too.....there I've said it, there it is!

By the way, this does not reflect on the girls that marched, they're great girls, but to not see Phantom, Kingsmen, BD and the boys getting any props, well that's just wrong!

You can flame away, however I in this case do know what I'm talking about.....so then best-=27, Favorite (because it can't be my own = BD and BD today as well.

Wow... :rolleyes:

Gosh, girl, we've gotta get you some DVDs! :)

To be honest, DCI lost me starting around '92. I'd pretty much rolled with everything corps had been doing up to that point, but then I started to get a really strong sense that execution was taking a back seat to production, and that bothered me. So then my interest began to wane. But I still have tapes of the telecasts starting in '78, and I'm slowly building my "Legacy" DVD collection. I need to double back and get '74, and then I'll probably get '87 through '93 (if DCI is still doing that "buy five, get the sixth free" offer), and I'll have everything I want.

Unfortunately, I really don't have enough of an interest in those years DVDs or CDs....I stayed away for a reason, except to march in 94.

I totally understand when I hear people so emotional when talking about SCVs Phantom, etc. however I really wouldn't be that interested at this point. I have seen the magic act and the corps under the tent/mask with the corps running underneath....and I've seen the company front during 88 or 89....I've also seen bits and pieces of each winning corps. That was enough for now! But I do understand your excitement!

Nancy is SO hard corps old school and my kinda girl and here's why:

She's my female alter ego - she clearly has the same intensity, passion, and drive with guard that I had when I was a snare drummer - seeking perfection, never satisfied with her performance, always striving to do better, a solid self-disciplinarian who expected no more from others than she gave herself, dedicated to her craft, nothing was more important and in many ways still ISN'T, always searching, always trying harder, always looking at ways to improve, and like me, most likely was practicing on her own well past the time when everyone else was out laughing and scratching.................

THIS is why I just adore her!

:rolleyes::whistle::music::rock::rock::rock::beer::beer::wub: