• Boston Crusaders
    • Suncoast Sound
    • SkyRyders
    • Kilties
    • Cavaliers
    • Colts (old days)
    • Crossmen
    • Others

So many to choose from....hmmmm.....I guess I would have to say Suncoast but honorable mention to Bridgemen and Velvet Knights.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't vote here. It's like asking for your favorite ice cream. All ice cream is great!

There is basically the West Point Cadet style uni - in a variety of flavors, then the unique unis - in a variety of styles and cuts.

Are we talking BD's pre '76 original blue satin shirts, or their 76 to 93 cadet jackets, their 94 to 03 unis, or the present unis?

Bayonne's cadet jackets or their banana coats?

27th had an era with kilts and without.

BAC's old style cadet jacket WITH the belt buckle, their short lived red/black jacket, their new style WITHOUT the belt buckle (not some plastic mirror thingy) with bib overalls?

Phantom probably wins for the most uni changes - old shako hates from the early 70's, their pith helmet era, their khaki era, their all black era, and back to today.

Madison's Boy Scout unis, their modified Scout unis, or their new unis?

Cavies shako unis with green satin shirts (their Green Machine era), or their 80's cut with Muskateer hats, or their new cut jackets?

Who is still traditional? Cadets are close, and Troopers appear to be the same.

None of my favorites are on the list. I really feel that my own corps, Oakland Crusaders, and our cross-town rival, Seneca Optimists, had two of the most attractive uniforms ever.

But my all-time favorite uniform will always belong to the Belleville Black Knights:

BK75.gif

None of my favorites are on the list. I really feel that my own corps, Oakland Crusaders, and our cross-town rival, Seneca Optimists, had two of the most attractive uniforms ever.

But my all-time favorite uniform will always belong to the Belleville Black Knights:

Uh-huh. Then there's the blue tinted mirror image of Optimists - Anaheim.

I can remember the first time I saw Black Knights in Marion in 1974, very cool - a little wet by day, sparkly by night.

But, Devils second version of the dress mess uniform, which I believe came in 81, is my favourite. I thought that their new look in 76 gave them height on the field, and made them look tough as nails. Especially for a drum line, it gave the impression of an enormous and commanding presence, without playing a note. 81 just took all that up a notch.

In those unis, it didn't matter whether they had horns up or down, sticks in or out, the jacket gave because it was unbuttoned down the front, and they always looked properly dressed with no bunching or straining of the material.

Their current uniform, and the one before that just doens't have the same effect for me.

But you know what? powder blue is the one I wore and hangs in a special place in my closet. Thus ends my bi-polar moment

Regards,

John

I can't vote here, because so many groups have my love...

27th

Kilties

Phantom (all white)

Bridgemen's banana coats

Velvet Knights' casual formal

Blue Devils 80

Cavies

Troopers (gotta love a Drum Major who wears spurs and packs heat!)

Ok, now dont everybody shake their head but my favorite corps uniform is 1989 Blue Devils :rolleyes:

Cant explain it it just gets me everytime I see it, the BD all in black.....formidable as he**

I also loved Freelancers before (not including 1985 in this particular "best of", or the white pants era)

Avant Garde from 84 on...

Valley Fever of 83 , 84

San Jose Raiders

Suncoast sound with the yellow sashes, not the Gold

89 SkyRyders

Guardsmen

Les Chatelaines de Laval.....find a licture, post it, you'll love them, if you cant remember.

North Star, after the satin era

90 - 94 Crossmen

87 Phantom Regiment

83 Madison Scouts

85 Geneseo Knights

83 Glassmen, especially the helmet LOL

Imperial Guard

Boston Crusaders

Especially the guar duniforms of the late 70's ealy 80's

...just too many to list.

~G~

Oh, geez, how can I forget the Bandettes?!

I just LOVE their uniforms!