• Muchachos
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • Other

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my...

Yes Malibu, ALL the guys in the Preston Scout House had to shave their legs, from what I've been told and I live ten minutes from Preston!!!  :sshh:

Oh my... :blink:

Oh yeah, I'm a "leg woman"!

Oh, Sal - in my day the Kilties DIDN'T shave their legs - but am glad you are a "leg" woman!

:P

Hey Rob, I've got a funny story for you. I was passing an ambulance at a show,

don't ask when or where, during the 70's sometime, and one of the horn players

from the Kilties was in the ambulance recovering from heat exhaustion or something. I looked inside and saw he had a cold compress over his eyes and then I heard two female attendants talking and one said "Did you ever wonder what they have under their kilts??" and without missing a beat, a voice from out of the ambulance said with a great Scottish accent, "A lot of pride Lassie, a lot of pride.!!" I just about p'd myself but the two girls outside the ambulance turned beet red and looked inside to see the guy sitting up on the side of the girney. B)

Great story OBDC!!

A very typical response - and remember that these were ALL under 21 year old guys back then!

I also remember one of our lead sops blowing the high note at the end of Syne, finished the power chord, handed his sop to the guy next to him, and collapsed on the field - it captured the essence of drum corps!

OK Sue....just for you....I had a photographer take these....I just wished I had told him to zoom in on my section. This is in the wedge part of Rocky, the guard is on rifle & flag. I'm at the top left, 2nd from the top;

81AllentownCrossmen32.jpg

If only you had worn red feathers (like on our aussie) or something red or any color add to that black and white uniform....see how much better you can be see with the flags (double I'm assuming) adding color to that uniform!?

N